FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please advise me where I can get the stainless steel heel guards to prevent the ugly black rubber marks on the exhaust pipes.

This is for ME the rider, and not the pillion ones that are available from BikeJohnny.

I have seen previous posts about these on this forum, but cannot find any links when I do a search.

Idealilly available in the UK or Europe, but any link would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, they are not what I was thinking about!!

It's a stainless steel guard that is held in place with 2 x large jubily clip's that fit between the footrest and the base of the can.

I thing they may have been available on a custom accessory site!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check denniskirk.com for part # 44-2699 1 3/4" X 6" Cobra Chrome heat shields. Just the ticket for the heel problem. They're sold singly, so you'll need two. Regards Mate. :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, what redhawk said. You may even be able to find them OTC at a bike shop, but you may have to check (horrors!) a Harley place. Simple guards held in place with radiator clamps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, but these look more like it!!
Has anyone used these before??

They are available in:- 1 3/4 in. Dia. 2 in. Dia. & 2 1/4 in Dia. so thanks for the info Redhawk.

Does anyone know if these Cobra accessories are available in the UK?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sanqhar said:
I presume you were thinking of these. A source in the UK would be good:

http://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=44
Thats exactly what I was looking for..........I knew I had seen a previous post about them, but could'nt find it anywhere!!.......Thanks,

I have already done a search on eBay and Google, but hav'nt found a UK supplier yet. Might check the Buster catalog next.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
There is a uk supplier of these things but I cannot remember which mag I seen them in!!! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts