FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install the Dualstars with new grips. Has anybody been able to conceal the wires in the bars through the tubes. My buddies R1100RT doesn't show and I just got to be able to meet or beat. He lives in another city so I can't disassemble his for a look see on now BMW routes them.

If this is the first post on the tech page I am honored.

Boostman 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The left one can be routed through the switchgear housing, instead of around it, and then disappear into the rest of the wiring.

The right one is tricky, because it needs to move. I can't imagine making that one completely invisible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree the deanw, I wired my left hand side through the switch housing then into the normal wire bundle. On the right hand side I had to make a small drip loop around the throttle cable housing then through the switch housing into the wire bundle. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hoosierbiker fitted bar end signals and drilled the bars to take the wiring. He said:

"I disassembled the handlebars and removed all the controls. The FJR's bars are hollowed out a bit to allow end weights to be inserted. But the diameter used was not large enough or deep enough to install the turn signals. I had to take them to the machine shop at work and drill a 3/4" diameter by 2" deep hole in the end of the bars. I then needed a channel for the electrical wiring to run through, so I drilled a 5/16" diameter hole the entire length of the tubular part of the bars. A 1/4" diameter cross-hole drilled near the start provided a route for the wiring out near the control cables."

see: http://www.geocities.com/hoosierbiker1300/pages/fjr1300_farkles.htm#_Handlebar_Farkle

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, he drilled out the handlebar to route the wiring for the turn signals through. The wire for the right handgrip is clearly visible hanging below the right switchgear on the page referenced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts