FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that the 06 has been redesigned to resolve the heat problem. Does anyone know if the changes mad, whatever they are, are adaptable to the 05 model?

Has anyone found any mods that help with the heat problem on the 03-06 models.

sweating in houston

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
chaz said:
Has anyone found any mods that help with the heat problem on the 03-06 models.sweating in houston
Son, this place is full of 'em. It's up to you to sort the chaff from the wheat, so to speak.

There is nothing that will stop you from sweating in Houston this time of year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
chaz said:
I understand that the 06 has been redesigned to resolve the heat problem. Does anyone know if the changes mad, whatever they are, are adaptable to the 05 model?

sweating in houston
Do you have an 05, or are you looking to get one?

I live in Austin, I am one of the many who don't feel like I have a significant issue. I don't know if it varies that much from bike to bike, rider to rider, or what. But give it a try before you assume there is a big problem.

If you know you have a problem, then sorry, and I defer to the previous reply. :(

·
Registered
949 Posts
gr8eyes said:
Hit the search button above and type in
1) Cromeits heat fix
2) Undertank insulation
3) Fairing insulation That should keep you busy for a while.

Glenn
You Sah, are a gentleman - not like thet damn barbarian 20valves. He's been insulting Effie's big boned-ness again........utter utter b#stard !

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
lenz said:
not like thet damn barbarian 20valves. He's been insulting Effie's big boned-ness again........utter utter b#stard !
LOL!! She is big boned! But I love her still. I tether the R1 to it so the R1 won't float away. Thank goodness for effie's large bones. Besides, some fat chicks can dance really well. :crylarf:

·
Registered
113 Posts
OMG, please. If effie is "big boned", that R-1 is the slut of the crowd. :twisted: heck, everybody's "had" her. :lol:

·
Registered
949 Posts
gr8eyes said:
Besides the last one I rode shook me off before I was finished. :crylarf: Glenn
I do believe that is what they call the "ripple effect"...oooo...nasty. Or perhaps you just got out of phase and developed a "speed wobble".

Seems we have moved into different "heat" range with this thread.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe we should help arrange a ride on Highlander's old '03 for Chaz? On a nice 90F day so he can compare heat. 8)

·
Registered
949 Posts
RogDeb said:
I should read these "technical" threads more often :lol:
"A thread is like a box a choklits - ya never know what yer gonna get".....Grove Gump (Forest's lil computer nerd bruther)

·
Registered
127 Posts
chaz said:

sweating in houston
Best mod I have found is getting your legs out of the airflow. A set of hiway pegs helps here. I installed a set and boy what a difference. Most of the flow completely misses your legs so heat exposure is cut by 70%.
Try them you will be happy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where would you mount highway pegs on the FJR?

Know who makes them? Love to see pics.

I dont think heat is a big issue unless you are riding in hi heat weather. Today in NJ it was over 90 and it WAS a bit hot around town.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This is the main source for highway peg brackets:

WILLIAM RILEY
11239 DELANO STREET
NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91606
818-487-9313 e-mail: [email protected]

Terry makes the brackets and you can buy basic HD type pegs from him if you want. Glass bead finish on aluminum mounting plates where the pegs mount.

The mounting plates utilize the bolt locations for the stator cover on the left and the water pump on the right. You get mounting plates, longer bolts and spacers for about $50 + shipping.

I found that Sportster peg mounts of 2" to 3" are ideal, then your choice of pegs. Too short of a peg mount and you can't easily get your foot on the peg after moving your leg around the fairing.

Here is a pic that shows the right side highway peg. Just ignore the glacier in the background. :wink:

Here is a shot showing the left side:

Sorry I don't have a better pic handy of the pegs.

Same bike, different fuel cells. Top shot is Bear Glacier just outside Stewart, B.C. on 37A, April '05. Bottom shot is in Death Valley at Towne Pass on 136, in January of '05.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.