FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting for my fjr 06 and am hoping desperately that the heat problem is solved. I did not buy an 03 because of the heat and just sold my st1300 due to the heat. If there are any southern riders out there that have already received their 06 let me know if the air mgt system works. Thanks and ride safe. Everett

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I picked up my 06 on Friday and rode home with the temp at +30C, didn't notice any heat on my legs at all. Spent all day Saturday farkling, and went for a 200Km ride today with the temp at +20C. Again, didn't notice any heat at all, very pleased.

We are in autum (fall) here, and the temperatures are starting to cool.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Picked up my 06A in Jax, FL on 04/22. The only heat I felt was on my rt ankle. Never been on an FJR before so I have no comparison, but it was NOT uncomfortable. Rode 130 miles today in 85-90 heat and was not hot. Not even in traffic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Heat in Florida no problem

I live in Tampa.
I have about 1k miles on my 06 and I can't say the heat has been a problem for me. We had (as you know) about a 90+ day and I rode all day. I wear jeans and boots when riding. I would think shorts and tennis shoes (big mistake in my book), you would notice some heat.
Great ride though!

·
Registered
3 Posts
heat

i live in Seminole, next to st. pete. rode all day saturday, and sunday. no real heat problems, a little on ankle. guess time will tell.
Do love this bike!!!!!!!!!
randy

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
rockmurf said:
If there are any southern riders out there that have already received their 06 let me know if the air mgt system works.
It works extremely well. I have ridden in 95 degree heat. Yam has eliminated the heat on this model, period.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey rockmurf,

I live in Miami where the heat and humidity is a constant part of life. I won't say the heat issue has been eliminated totally (why lie????) but, with jean and ankle high boots.....it is barley worth talking about. Honestly, the only time I notice is when riding 826 is traffic. I'm not usually sitting long enough to shut her off, so that option doesn't work. Even with that said, the temp gauge my climb one bar above the center mark.

Not bad if you ask me........

I do have an 06 and it is worth it. Just sent off the first payment and wasn't that mad :crylarf:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
yates4 said:
I won't say the heat issue has been eliminated totally (why lie????)
Please let me know when you find a bike that generates no heat while sitting still in traffic on a hot day in high humidity. Until then, my offical "lie" is that the heat issue is totally fixed. I guess I should have stated that as long as the bike moves occasionally, you'll never notice any heat.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I didn't notice any heat waves of any sort. Review of my first 100 miles.

- there is a small amount of vibe which kind of surprised me. Not bad, just there.
- I have the 17 MPG instant reading, but really don't care too much
- Hard to maintain legal speeds.

- The rest is pure delight.

Bryon

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not in Fla, but on my '03 the engine heat was very apparent in the 70F range; on my '06 in upper 70 temps...no heat! Feeling GOOD! Overall my '06 seems to be a more comfortable riding and noticeably better handling bike than my '03 was. Power? More than adequate....DFO :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
20valves

Just telling the whole story. Don't take it to heart. The devil is in the details with this bike.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
yates4 said:
Just telling the whole story. Don't take it to heart. The devil is in the details with this bike.
I too tell the whole story.

I haven't a clue what you mean with the "devil/detail' comment.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just rode home in 90 F, in city traffic and highway, 45 miles, 90 minutes with no notice of any heat coming off the bike whatsoever -- period.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
heat problem

Well guys thanks for all the good info. I pick my 06 up tomorrow, Friday 5/5 on my 55 birthday. I will give my input very soon. Everett

·
Registered
592 Posts
Just finished a ride in northern AR. Did 700 miles. You talk about details. The off/on throttle transision is a pain. How the heck do you get rid of that? I thought that the FI issues were pretty much figured out with the motorcycle industry by now. Otherwise nothing but good to say. Would like to soften that transision though.

Bryon
06 FJR

·
Registered
33 Posts
Heat and new '06 fairing adjustment

Ok, dumb question, but I'm assuming that if you want to stay cool in warm weather, you keep the new panels "closed" (ie. "in"). Sliding them out would appear to let more air flow, but it would come up towards your knees....

Thanks,
Ron

1 - 20 of 25 Posts