FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 fjr 1300. My headlights will not work . Everything thing else has been functioning well . Have replaced the headlights wiring harness The cdi. And have checked all the fuses and relays . Also have even checked the stator for proper output. All seems within specs. Some seem to think it could be in the left switch would that be possible. Anyone else had this problem.???? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2010 fjr 1300. My headlights will not work . Everything thing else has been functioning well . Have replaced the headlights wiring harness The cdi. And have checked all the fuses and relays . Also have even checked the stator for proper output. All seems within specs. Some seem to think it could be in the left switch would that be possible. Anyone else had this problem.???? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
' cdi ' ...........??

hope Ur using a volt meter in either direction

from batt towards headlites..........................OR from headlites towards batt

Uv changed enuf im guessing the switch on handlebar............. or next juncture connection

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR A Model
7,905 Posts
' cdi ' ...........??

hope Ur using a volt meter in either direction

from batt towards headlites..........................OR from headlites towards batt

Uv changed enuf im guessing the switch on handlebar............. or next juncture connection
One headlight ground runs through S7 spider, the other through S8. Together, they run through S4, S6 and Connector #3, all known problem areas. That's why I:

- suggested, is there power at the sockets? Need to know which half- supply or return- to troubleshoot;

- asked, does the OP have electrical drawings/FSM?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Happy,

If you can pierce any ground wire with a test-meter lead and read voltage on that wire, then you have a bad ground connection. Ground needs to be a solid ground.

If you do not have needle-pointed test leads for your multimeter, either get a dedicated set, or you can sharpen the tips with a file.

Use a fine file to make the sharp tip as a three-sided /\ cone, tapering down to a sharp point, so it is easy to keep the tip sharp. Any other shape at the tip will bend or get dull very easily, and it will not stay sharp.
:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts