FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've bought the tool so now what do I do with it to check the tightness of the head bearings, is it straight forward?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, if you have a manual. If not, maybe one of our favorite tech sites has the steps listed.

If you are asking which end do you blow into, insert an extension onto a rachet wrench then insert its other end into the tool; one side to tighten, the other side to loosen.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Keith,

Be aware that the lower nut tightens to 37 ft lbs, rotate the wheel back and forth a few, then back off to 13 ft lbs(156 inch pounds). The upper stem nut is only finger tight on the thick rubber washer. Top nut 85 ft lbs, upper pinch bolts to 24 ft lbs.

Good luck,

In San Diego,
BAGSTR

·
Registered
3 Posts
Before you get to carried-away, have you checked your front end to see if it needs to be torqued?

After ordering the spanner wrench, the 36mm socket and getting setup in my garage, I jacked my
bike up and did the test per the manual. I then determined that my front-end was tight and it didn't
need to be torqued.

If it ain't broke-don't fix it! Just ride... :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts