FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used a Shoei full front helmet - but since I am riding more with my FJR - I am looking into a flip front helmet. Has anyone purchased the new Schubert S1?

Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
Having always had Arai helmets for many years and seeing more and more riders
With flip tops.
I went out and got me the C2 when it came .
It is nice to have the choice of opening up the front to get more air ,plus show your face at customs and the flip down sun visor .
I have found that the visor leeks in heavy rain and the chin strap has started to rust ,and as
For the low noise rating of 86.5dba at 62 mph its not so good at higher speeds.
Worth the money ? I think not. :(
But lots of guys have them and are happy with them !

US site is http://www.schuberth-usa.com/products/c2.shtml

UK site is http://www.schuberth.com/c2/index3.htm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Using a Schuberth C2 as my touring lid. Excellent piece of kit. Good, comfy fit and the one handed operation of the latching system works well. Ventilation is the best IMHO and yes, the visor leaks from the top in heavy rain, but that's the only real criticism I have of it.
Pricey, yes, but there are a few online stores selling for well under the RRP.
Was a bit fiddly to fit my Autocom headset, but after downloading the detailed inst' from the autocom site, its in.
A vast improvment over the Concept I had before (and that wasn't a bad helmet either). :D

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Had a C2 for about 6 months, very good helmet, but no quieter than the HJC I was using before (and after). Sun visor was very handy, and the anti mist coating on the main visor worked reasonably well (but not quite as good as a Fog City insert).

I would suggest that you have a good long trial before parting with the readies. I bought one that was a beautiful fit on my head but found after wearing it on the bike for an hour or so that it was too tight around the top of my neck and casued a lot of pain in my lower jaw / ears. Was a perfect fit for Christine though, so she ended up with that one, and I had to buy a size bigger for myself.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Had the same problem with mine at first, then realised that the triangular insert that's vercroed across the chin seal was the problem. It felt like this was causing a pressure under my jaw leading to an ache after about 30 mins. Removed that and.... comfort. :D
Strangely, its was also quieter, can't explain that one! :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Schubert C2

I received mine today - a XXL C2. I was wearing a Shoei RF900 XL. Not as comfortable - still early though. I had the same problem with the triangle chin piece - took it off and better. It is almost clastrophobic compared to the Shoei. Time will tell.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Flip Front helmets

The Schuberth is a great and expensive helmet but it didin't fit my long and skinny head. I've used a Shoei Syncrotec for the last four years and for the most part wouldn't part with it. The chinbar is operated easily with one hand, it has metal locking posts at either side, the visor is easily replaced without tools alothough the visors are a bit pricey. I live in tropical Florida and have never had it leak in a deluge. The things I don't like about it..... it's noisy at speed and I had to trash the non-removable ear pads to install my comm system. Hope this adds some light without adding any heat to the discussion.

Steve Pearce

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are interested I have a silver Shuberth size large for sale.
It is silver and is in very good condition.

With my style of ridding decided a 3/4 helmet met my needs.

The Schuberth is an excellent helmet and has many, many options that are very convenient. The fighter pilot sun shade is excellent, the padding is very good and removeable to wash.

If you have questions or interested email me and we will talk price.
I live in NC

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts