FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a funny thing happy to me the other night. I opened one of hard luggage R/Side to get something out and closed it and the outer cover the one that is painted fell back open. The glue didn't hold. I have reglued it but I'm glad it didn't happen while I was going down the road. You might want to try and see if you can pull your apart and reglue if necessary. Happy Holiday !! :roll:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just to clarify:
You are referring to the stock FJR side case?

So sorry about your luck (that it failed at all), but I'm glad that it happened while you were not moving. I'll definitely check mine.

Has anyone else experienced this? How much/where was the stock glue?
(I'm actually considering taking mine apart to install a few electric bits between the inner liner and painted shell. I'll let everyone know how it turns out eventually)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think that I would be on the phone with customer service or have your servicing dealer call for you and get a new one...Yamaha is proud of their product and backs it up....good luck

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
There were a couple of people who had the same problem a little while ago. You should be able to find the details by searching on the old forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard Luggage came apart.

Yes they are the stock hard luggage and I have reglued it and will check the other one to make sure I can't pull it apart. :wink: It is a black glue and it is in about 5 places from the top to the bottom in a zig zag pattern. I used Goop Plumber's contact adhesive & sealant. Clear and waterproof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts