FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody is looking for liners for their hard bags take a look at ebay.com I ordered a set from CruiserBackrest .com in “buy now” auction listing $39 US + $25 PnP to get them to them from the States to the UK in total that’s about £ 37.42 in real money . After seeing a second hand pair of Yamaha originals sell for £43 + PnP the seemed worth a look. The bags took 9 working days to arrive and I have to say the quality is excellent. There is a large netting pocket with a zip on the inside of the top flap and the whole of one side is double skinned with a zip on the outer face to make a large external pocket. We are on the boat to Santander on the 25/03/06 for our first decent ride out of the year down to Southern Spain. These liners have to be better than lugging the hard bags in and out of hotels. :D
Regards
Esme

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Esmerelda said:
There is a large netting pocket with a zip on the inside of the top flap and the whole of one side is double skinned with a zip on the outer face to make a large external pocket.
Those sound exactly like the standard Yam liners. Are they precisely fitted to the shape of the hard bags as well?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20valves said:
Esmerelda said:
There is a large netting pocket with a zip on the inside of the top flap and the whole of one side is double skinned with a zip on the outer face to make a large external pocket.
Those sound exactly like the standard Yam liners. Are they precisely fitted to the shape of the hard bags as well?
They sure are . 8)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Esme,

I just received mine from CruiderBackrest too. They are superb quality! and around 30 to 35 Euros cheaper than I could have bought in the shops here. Mind you, it took from 23 Jan to 7 March for them to arrive! but that's not uncommon for the Netherlands.

20Valves, they are not only shaped but have all the same embroidery too.
:D

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Shakey said:
20Valves, they are not only shaped but have all the same embroidery too. :D
So maybe that is Yamaha's supplier? It's always nice to have options, especially if you save money! At the current price on Yam's US website ($94.95/pair), those are almost 50% less ($49.95/pair)! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
18 Posts
There has been lots of discussion in the US on these bags, inferior to the stock bags, zipper rips, bag rips, not as good quality... Get what you pay for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts