FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you dads out there. Hope it's been a great day for you.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
You as well sir and all the other dads! I got away for 110 miles and some parking lot practice. Bike is clean and just finished packing up to head down to New Jersey Motorsport Park bright and early for a day with the ChampSchool boys. Will be a cool morning but weather looks just about perfect otherwise.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Premium Member
2008 FJR1300 A
159 Posts
My died in 1993. When I was in elementary school he had a Honda 350 Scrambler. My mom had a Yamaha 185 something. I rode behind dad & my brother rode behind mom. My brother & I got bikes in HS & have basically had bikes ever since.
Dad: thanks for the memories!!

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You as well sir and all the other dads! I got away for 110 miles and some parking lot practice. Bike is clean and just finished packing up to head down to New Jersey Motorsport Park bright and early for a day with the ChampSchool boys. Will be a cool morning but weather looks just about perfect otherwise.
I'm working today but if I can get away for an hour or 2 I'll try to say hi. I live 15 minutes from the track.

Reactions: Aroxx

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
I'm working today but if I can get away for an hour or 2 I'll try to say hi. I live 15 minutes from the track.
I’ll keep an eye out. Breaking for lunch now until 1:15. Probably going to tear around the paddock area for a bit because I brought my food.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Aroxx, sorry got tied up and couldn't break free. Hope you had a good time.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
Hey Aroxx, sorry got tied up and couldn't break free. Hope you had a good time.
No worries. It was a busy day so would have been hard to chat much. Maybe we can meet up another time. It could be fun to try and put together a NJ meet up and shoot the breeze. Maybe more like a “cars and coffee” type thing as opposed to a group ride.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be fun. There are no good riding roads down here.

·
Registered
2009 FJR1300A
204 Posts
That would be fun. There are no good riding roads down here.
That statement pretty much applies to the entire state. I think we live in one of the worst states for riding unfortunately. Good thing you have NJMP in your backyard 😉 I want to start getting down there as much as possible. FJR is going to have to start pulling track duty until I can figure out a second bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It was a good fathers day for me. Neither of my sons remembered to wish me a Happy Fathers Day, but that was the day I picked up my FJR, so I was able to put that mess out of my mind and focus on the important things in life. :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts