FJR Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I need to replace the bulbs in the gauge cluster of my 05 because 2 have burnt out. I have found a lot of information already on the procedure and the consensus is to go with LED, so you don't have to dig back into this again, as it's a lot of work. With that said, I have not been able to find many photos of people who have changed the color with LED's. I have seen blue and white but was curious if red would look good. Does anyone have any photos they might want to share to help me decide before I order the LED's?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

· Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,859 Posts
For the Gen1 FJR, it is as simple as replacing bulbs.... I don't know what's best, red is good for night vision, and green definitely stands out during the day. I think I'd shy away from blue.

Reactions: DesertBike

· Registered
'05 FJR, non-ABS
250 Posts
I also have 1 or 2 bulbs burnt out on my dash of my '05... I bought some LEDs back in late 2019 and I'm a little embarrassed to say I have not installed them yet.
Got them from www.superbrightleds.com and I believe the blue LEDs are for the back-lighting and the white ones are for the turn-signal and other indicators as those shine through colored plastic (yellow, green etc). Here's a pic of what I got... will install some day! Just had other priorities including adding a '12 Super Tenere to the garage a few mos ago. I'm 99% sure I got the bulb specifics from a post here or at the other FJR forum... keep searching!
Mr. BR
Font Gas Rectangle Road surface Bumper

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have 1 or 2 bulbs burnt out on my dash of my '05... I bought some LEDs back in late 2019 and I'm a little embarrassed to say I have not installed them yet.
Got them from www.superbrightleds.com and I believe the blue LEDs are for the back-lighting and the white ones are for the turn-signal and other indicators as those shine through colored plastic (yellow, green etc). Here's a pic of what I got... will install some day! Just had other priorities including adding a '12 Super Tenere to the garage a few mos ago. I'm 99% sure I got the bulb specifics from a post here or at the other FJR forum... keep searching!
Mr. BR
View attachment 90292
Awesome, thank you for the reply. I was hoping someone would chime in and let me know if the LED was too bright, or if one color showed better then another. But it seems not a lot of folks have done this, or there just arnt many gen 1's around anymore.

· Registered
1 Posts
It's simpler than it looks! Replace dashboard lights by removing the trim panel and instrument cluster. It sounds intimidating, but it's simpler than you might think with an online factory manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts