FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I just purchased a Garmin 2730 with a motorcycle mount hardwire. It just has bare wires to connect to the battery. I already have a Battery Tender connector on my bike, so where can I get an adapter to use the Battery Tender connector with the GPS hardwire? :? Is there any other quick disconnect hardwire connectors?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I may be dim but I really dont understand the question :?
All you need to do is loosen the battery terminals & connect the wires up, if your battery tender is anything like my optimate, I cant see that it would affect anything.
Sorry if I'm missing the point.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh yeah - when you undo the battery slip a sliver of something under the little blocks that you screw into, they can be buggers to get back in & are easily lost.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right, I could do that, but that would leave the long hardwire there all the time even if I don't want to use the GPS. Plus the Battery Tender quick connect is already there, so it would be much simpler and cleaner to use the Battery Tender connector with the GPS hardwire...IF I can find an adapter.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I got round the problem by fitting a very small fuse box available from any car accessory shop...wire that to the battery on one side, then all your accessories go on the other side. you can also wire some of the inputs to a switched power, so that the accessories of your choice wired to the other side can only be used with the ignition on. This way you only have one cable coming from the battery and one other going to ground. You also have the option to choose the fuse rating of your choice to protect the item.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do you still have the battery tender box with the extra bits in it? Mine came with rings and alligator clips, and both had mating terminals. If you got 'em, clip the terminal wire off the set you're not using and butt-splice to your GPS.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have optimate on mime, and as we all know how awkward it is to get to the battery, I bought the extension wire for the optimiser, cut the plug off and wired that to the hardwire kit for sat nav.

So when I need my sat nav just plug it into the optimiser lead already attached-- simple!!

Teejay

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Zane! Sometimes I can't see my face for my nose. Of course! I can just cut off those alligator clips! Thanks for opening my eyes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts