FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally figured out how to get the 1800 Goldwing footpegs to replace my rider pegs. The left side was simple. Had to take off a little meat on the right one to clear the brake pedal. But the end result is super comfortable rider pegs. You do have to file the peg a little to fit the yamaha bracket but it's a very small amount.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks good. Nice modification. They appear to have a slim profile as well that looks like it would be as good or better in the cornering ground clearance dept.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Were those OEM Goldwing pegs? What year were they from? There is a bike salvage place in Kitchener, I might find a set there. It looks like a nice mod. I could then figure how to mount the original pegs as a second set on the Canyon Cages.

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,470 Posts
I need passenger pegs like that. Wife wants knifemaker floorboards and they don’t make them any more. Something similar to this might work.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I need passenger pegs like that. Wife wants knifemaker floorboards and they don't make them any more. Something similar to this might work.
You could make your own floor boards. I made some for my sweetie. It wasn't too difficult and they came out pretty good.

Attachments

Reactions: 2GENAE

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
You could make your own floor boards. I made some for my sweetie. It wasn't too difficult and they came out pretty good.
I want to do this to our 2008 AE. Where did you get the rubber peg and mount. I did a Buell peg mod to my 2007 ZX-14 Ninja 10 years ago. I am looking for a lower clevis for the front to mount Gold Wing pegs on front I am tall and need the extra leg room.
Thanks
Louis

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have fitted these same pegs for my wifes comfort as pillion
Benefits from her perspective of the wider platform peg? Just trying to understand why she would want that. I am doing all I can for my passenger's comfort and if this helps I will do so, translates to more riding time together! Fitting to passenger peg- did the detents for staying in the UP position work normally?

·
Registered
FJR1300A 2008
2,070 Posts
I want to do this to our 2008 AE. Where did you get the rubber peg and mount. I did a Buell peg mod to my 2007 ZX-14 Ninja 10 years ago. I am looking for a lower clevis for the front to mount Gold Wing pegs on front I am tall and need the extra leg room. Thanks
Louis
Louis,

Ace Hardware has a decent collection of such hardware items. Sometimes Lowes can fill the bill. The real Yellow Pages (all others are wannabees) for the Internet can be found at the YP tab on:

www.anywho.com

There is a separate business heading there for Nuts & Bolts, not just "hardware." Give the website a convenient ZIP code as your location, and you can SORT the list by Distance. Call ahead to verify that your needs are in stock at those places. You may need to drill your parts for a slightly larger clevis pin, if nobody has the correct size.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Louis,

Ace Hardware has a decent collection of such hardware items. Sometimes Lowes can fill the bill. The real Yellow Pages (all others are wannabees) for the Internet can be found at the YP tab on:

www.anywho.com

There is a separate business heading there for Nuts & Bolts, not just "hardware." Give the website a convenient ZIP code as your location, and you can SORT the list by Distance. Call ahead to verify that your needs are in stock at those places. You may need to drill your parts for a slightly larger clevis pin, if nobody has the correct size.
Thanks I will check out the link, but I still need to know what make and year foot boards was used for the rear etc. I am a retired Tool&Die Maker Machinist so all these mods is not a issue, it's what year Gold Wing or vendor for the front and those rear boards etc.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
Passenger floorboards - Dave (WynPro) sells a set, see post 116 for details, and Dave does quality work. But he's a busy guy....
http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//inde...ker-passenger-floorboardst/page-6#entry708571

As for Goldwing rider pegs, search eBay for sets available from trike conversions. GL1800 2001-2012 or so (not sure if they changed them after that) work, and perhaps some from earlier 1200 models may work, dunno.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts