FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!
I sure hope I am gonna like this bike as my only ride.
Going from 2 bikes to 1.
I get to ride my buddies '04 FJR from time to time but in hot weather it was not so pleasant.
Since the new one seems to be better I thought I'd take the plunge.
I can be a fairly aggrersive rider when the hair is in it's place so I was wondering if I would notice any difference riding with or without the side bags.

Cheers :ale:

gator

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
wallygator said:
I was wondering if I would notice any difference riding with or without the side bags.
With each bag full, you can add as much as 70 pounds so you'll definitely notice. I leave mine on most of the time around town just in case. If I'm trying to be sporty, I leave 'em off.

·
Super Moderator
3,962 Posts
She'll sing you a song of twisting, but be careful or you'll end up dashed on the rocks when clearance or weight trick you into getting over your head.

Take your time to learn the bike. It's really good, but no two different types of bikes are the same. The limits are different. The forums are full of stories of people who fell victim to the enticements of the Siren and pushed past the envelope.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I was out last night with 2 VFR riders - both fast. I had the bags on - I was nearly able to keep up. Got the chicken strips to within a centimetre of the edge....

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
alan sh said:
Got the chicken strips to within a centimetre of the edge....
You'll find you can get a lot closer to the edge when you lean in the corners :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
632 Posts
david1300 said:
alan sh said:
Got the chicken strips to within a centimetre of the edge....
You'll find you can get a lot closer to the edge when you lean in the corners :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
yes, but then I'd show up those VFR riders - and yoo know what a complex they get when that happens :mrgreen:

Alan [who also owns a VFR]

·
Registered
4 Posts
wallygator said:
Howdy all!
I sure hope I am gonna like this bike as my only ride.
Going from 2 bikes to 1.
I get to ride my buddies '04 FJR from time to time but in hot weather it was not so pleasant.
Since the new one seems to be better I thought I'd take the plunge.
I can be a fairly aggrersive rider when the hair is in it's place so I was wondering if I would notice any difference riding with or without the side bags.

Cheers :ale:

gator
I rode my 01 FZ1 daily for years, then had a chance to take a quick ride on an FJR1300. Two weeks later I was riding my own brand new 05 FJR1300 because it just felt so...right. I'm probably more comfortable leaning into turns on the FJR than I was on my FZ1 due in part to the differences in overall height of the bikes. I haven't ridden my FZ1 since taking home the FJR nearly 2 years ago. It sits in my garage still though, as I can't seem to part with it either. :)

Usually my side bags are empty...or removed...so that hasn't really played a factor in my ability to ride on the side.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Well I was coming back from the Waterman pub with wife, panniers and topbox down the A41 to knowle and caught and passed a 929 fireblade and he couldnt keep with the Fjr, he's probably buying an Fjr as we speak. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.