FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
2016 FJR1300ES
I'm venting here. I just got my TD Insurance renewal for my two motorcycles.

100% increase in premiums cost over last year. Out of the blue my MC insurance cost has DOUBLED.

No tickets, no accidents, no claims in 15 years. WTF?!!!!!

FU TD Insurance. FU Ontario auto insurance monopoly.
I switched to Wawanesa a few years back from Allstate, huge difference. I had PLPD with Allstate and it cost $930, with Wawanesa got full coverage for $703 for my 2016. Hope that helps.

Registered
Litre is liter in french
True, but "litre" is also the British, and most of the rest of the world's way, of spelling that unit of measurement. British spellings versus American spellings are numerous: colour/color, neighbour/neighbor, defence/defense, calibre/caliber, cheque/check . . . I could go on, but mercifully won't.馃榿

Haynes

Premium Member
Potayto, potahto. Whatever.

;) :LOL:

Registered
Reactions: Rumblestrip

Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
In Scotland (and England etc) petrol is sold in litres , but economy is in miles per gallon.
I always wondered why GB didn't fully adopt metric.... we just did it and quickly adapted. It is kind of dumb though, fuel economy is litres per hundred kms.... why not kms. per litre at least?

Premium Member
What is - "petrol" 馃槀
I believe it is used under the "bonnet" of your "Lorry", but it could also be used in your FJR to provide power to it. :rolleyes:

YMMV.

Reactions: Damir

Registered
I live in Ireland and Insurance costs are generally considered extortionate for lots of people, maybe its a factor of age or something but my bike insurance is very reasonable all things considered.
I have a multibike policy , 1988 Nx650 ,1999 NT650V and 2015 MSX125 on the policy third party liability only for just under 鈧300 euro.
To add the FJR is an additional 鈧78 per annum.

Registered
Just renewed my FJR insurance, fully comprehensive with breakdown insurance and personal liability (whatever that is !) for 拢164. Don't know how they can do it for so little, perhaps they can't as the last insurance company I was with went bust.

Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
Cost will likely depend on what type of system.... here it is no fault, and there is no option to opt out of insurance. In other words, everybody kinda pays for everybody. The insurance industry says fraud makes up a big part of our costs.. and let's face it, our market is a tenth the size of what it is in the US, and some states allow no insurance options. I am not familiar with what's going on in the UK....

Reactions: Fringe_Remnant

Registered
2008 FJR abs
Just received my renewal for my 2008 FJR. It鈥檚 currently with TD and has gone from $720 to just under $1700. Ouch. Now I just need to find a few hours to call and see wtf is going on.

Premium Member
Just received my renewal for my 2008 FJR. It鈥檚 currently with TD and has gone from $720 to just under $1700. Ouch. Now I just need to find a few hours to call and see wtf is going on.
See post #11, 13 & 14 in this thread.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts