FJR Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to play a geocache game with another forum back in the day and it was a lot of fun. Was wondering if people on here would be interested in playing. The game is pretty simple:

There is an object, something small and obviously FJR related. Worthless to the outside observer, something like a small spare part, gas cap, spare bolt etc. The object functions as the Geocache.

The object is placed in a spot that is an interesting destination and unnamed, un-marked, only a picture of the spot, bike and the rider/geocache as a clue with possible text stating where it is in the location. Ex."Under the first large grey rock on the wall to the left of the green picnic table."

Any rider that successfully identifies the spot in the picture is not allowed to disclose the spot on the forum but can seek out another rider closer to the cache to go and retrieve it. Whomever does retrieve the cache takes a picture where it was located and is then allowed to disclose where it was/hot they figured it out/the trip they took to get there etc.

It is then the responsibility of the rider that obtained the cache to either place the item at a new destination and post said pic OR can then hand the cache off to another rider, in person, that can place the item. This should take no more then a week.

This was a hell of a fun game and gave a ton of us even more of a reason to ride-all-day just to go grab a silly spare gas cap And then take off days later to go place it 2-3 states away at another cool place.

Anyone down?

· Registered
7,519 Posts
It sounds cool, but I'm not usually interested in doing these kinds of things around motorcycling, because in the precious time I get to ride, all I want to do is ride.

But, I have done some geocaching with the kids in the truck when weather is miserable and it's kinda fun. :)

· Registered
2003 FJR1300R / 2007 Husq SMR 510
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would find interest in something like this but I don’t think there are enough riders on this forum in my area and 2-3 states away on this coast is more like 5-6 states round your parts :p
The main goal is not to place the item super far away from where you located it. You have free choice to place it wherever you like. That being said I would imagine that I would be the first person to place it in NY or the surrounding area so it can go any number of places after that depending on whomever picks it up next. It could take a week, a month, or could possibly never end up on that coast. That's kinda the fun of it. People check the forum and see where it is and if they want to go get it they can, maybe if they are passing by an area on a much longer trip they may decide to grab it and place it at another location towards the end of their trip. It's all just pretty random and fun to see where and how far the cache gets and who decides to get it and where they place it. No pressure just an interesting "side quest".

It sounds cool, but I'm not usually interested in doing these kinds of things around motorcycling, because in the precious time I get to ride, all I want to do is ride.

But, I have done some geocaching with the kids in the truck when weather is miserable and it's kinda fun. :)
I totally understand this sentiment.The goal of the cache item is not to be hidden so well it has to take time away from a ride to find it (like many other caches) It is just to place it at a choice destination where there is like a great view/good food/ a historic landmark etc. and have it not get thrown in the trash or picked up by a passer by. The fun is in the ride to get it, the location it was placed, and then the freedom to show the forum or the next rider a ride to and a place that you pick to then deposit it. Certainly do not want people wandering around a location looking for secret buttons or removable bolts in lamp posts to secure the cache.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts