FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

Decided I'd post up some pictures of the finished product as I haven't seen many topics about it. My old mirrors were UV damaged as the previous owner had left the bike outside all the time.

The mirrors are OEM cerulean silver from a 2006-2007 electric shift FJR which had the same paint as the 2004.

It was a simple remove and swap with the exception of having to remove some CalSci windscreen material with a dremel tool due to clearance issues.

Comparison

Where I needed to use the Dremel

Looks good to me! I can see fine behind me with stock length (not sure how some people can't...the mirrors swivel on the stalk for those that didn't know
). Stock/FZ1 mirrors leave something to be desired in the looks department. I guess they wouldn't be so bad if the bike paint was black, too.

One thing I've noticed is that the newer mirrors are significantly heavier than the Gen I.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$200 from Partzilla.com. $100 for each mirror, which I personally thought was a good deal. I got them only three days after ordering, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Would you please advise the make and model of those hand guards and how do you like them. I live in LA but sometimes ride in the cold in other states and hate to have cold hands - also don't like winter gloves as mine are not touchscreen compatible. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I like the looks of the Gen II mirrors better. YMMV looks over function. I purchased a spare set for my 2008 AE and ordered a spare front fender from Partzilla. After a week partzilla refunded my money on the front fender it was "discounted" yet showed you could order it. I called and talked to C.S. and he said they looked for the one year only (USA) 2008 AE fender after Japan replied discounted. If anyone is on the "fence" on ordering Gen II painted fairing pieces order it now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very sweet! I've been looking for something to do with my mirrors and this may just be the answer to my conundrum. Very nice indeed 👍

·
Registered
279 Posts
Would you please advise the make and model of those hand guards and how do you like them. I live in LA but sometimes ride in the cold in other states and hate to have cold hands - also don't like winter gloves as mine are not touchscreen compatible. Thanks!
Yeah ditto especially if they are easy on/easy off. I bought some to use on my naked bike and it was a huge PITA, had to get them custom machined etc:rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
They look like Vstrom handguards. On a Vstrom they are pretty useless in terms of keeping your hands any warmer than with out them. More to keep things from hitting your hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts