FJR Owners Forum banner

Gen I, II and III Helmet Lock Brackets are now available

47K views 67 replies 25 participants last post by  Mosalar 
#1 ·
With the introduction of the new Gen III bike, helmet lock brackets (which utilize either a Helmet Guardian lock assembly or genuine Yamaha lock assembly) is now available. The Gen II brackets (with the optional tab for BMW style electrical outlets) DO fit the Gen III bikes. Gen I bike brackets are available.

If interested, please e-mail me direct at TownsendsFJR1300@AOL.com. PLEASE mention in the header: FJR lock brackets as well as the year bike. I'll forward additional pictures, option, order form, etc.

Thanks, Scott

Below are pictures of a 2013 FJR with the lock assemblies installed (no outlets).

See less See more
#49 ·
No apologies expected here... All's good!

#51 · (Edited)
Ordered and received a very high quality power coated helmet lock bracket that perfectly blends into my 2005 FJR's lines. The Yamaha lock was a simple single bolt install.

Love the fact that it was designed for riders with heated gear needs with a hole for a Warm & Safe DC coaxial panel mount jack.

All matches the Townsend helmet bracket on my right/brake side installed by the previous owner of my 2005.:laugh:

So factory looking.

Now . . . . have to figure out how to route the heated gear wiring harness male plug down to the wired female end of the W&S plug.

Attachments

#52 · (Edited)
Now . . . . have to figure out how to route the heated gear wiring harness male plug down to the wired female end of the W&S plug.
I'm not quite sure what needs wiring..
The BMW style outlet (shown in your picture) should be wired in to the battery/fuse box.

Are you wanting to wire / attach that other outlet (3rd picture) into the bracket?

BTW, the RS helmet lock IS my bracket for the Gen I (either side)..

#55 ·
Sweet! What kind of lock did you use?

#57 ·
Just to clarify, Yamaha and HG make very similar lock assemblies(looking at them).

Both, depending on the part, have one of two different style key OFF SETS..

If you want to use your FJR ignition key and RE-KEY the assembly, you need THAT part #..

You may order another similar lock assembly, but it's a 50/50 shot you'll get the correct assembly (off-set)..

#61 ·
#62 ·
I just installed one of Scott's Gen 1 brackets, and Yamaha's lock, on my 2005 FJR. The bracket was a perfect fit.
I also rekeyed to lock to fit my original FJR key.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Vehicle door

You will need an 8mm Allen wrench and a 14mm wrench for this install. I also used a 10mm deep socket with an extension for leverage when turning the Allen wrench.

Tool Ratchet Hand tool Bicycle part Auto part

Attachments

#63 ·
With the introduction of the new Gen III bike, helmet lock brackets (which utilize either a Helmet Guardian lock assembly or genuine Yamaha lock assembly) is now available. The Gen II brackets (with the optional tab for BMW style electrical outlets) DO fit the Gen III bikes. Gen I bike brackets are available.

If interested, please e-mail me direct at TownsendsFJR1300@AOL.com. PLEASE mention in the header: FJR lock brackets as well as the year bike. I'll forward additional pictures, option, order form, etc.

Thanks, Scott

Below are pictures of a 2013 FJR with the lock assemblies installed (no outlets).

I may be missing something. I had a lock on my GS750, D ring under seat and seat locked down. Seemed secure until my helmet was stolen, by someone with a simple pen knife that cut the D ring strap. Does this helmet lock secure the D ring the same way, or does it use another mechanism? I'd love something that works. Thx.

#64 ·
It uses the D ring. Once the strap is cut, the helmet is useless.

Right side, no outlets:

Left side with helmet locked down (Gen II, non ES)

#65 ·
Installed left and right brackets with locks on my Gen3 FJR, rekeyed both locks (having Dremel helps a lot) . Left bracket has BMW power socket, installing left side was a bit of a challenge, you absolutely need that extension which nashvillebill mentioned above.

All power stuff is connected to BlueSea terminal block under the seat via high temp 10ga wires, which powers USB, aux lights, heated gear, that MBW aux socket and car cigarette lighter socket (just in case)

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Steering part Motor vehicle Vehicle Personal luxury car Rim

Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas
Electrical wiring Computer hardware Electronic component Audio equipment Gas

Reactions: TownsendsFJR1300