FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My left mirror has cracked in a 0 mpg drop. Yes, the stay broke too. I've dealt with that....for now. I've also cleaned up and will paint the mirror housing. I only need the actual mirror / glass. I called a local glass / mirror place and they say they don't do "car" mirrors because they are only 1/16 inch glass-hard to believe, but I measured the glass and it's true. Does anyone know if just the glass mirror is available for the Gen 3? I have looked on Partzilla but they don't list the mirrors; at least not that I could find. I'm hoping to get just the glass from somewhere. It's got to cheaper than having to buy the whole mirror assembly for more than $100.

I also would consider the FZ1 mirror replacement and ordered a set from Amazon, but the bolts were farther apart than on the Gen 3. I would appreciate any P/N (or better yet, a link) for the FZ mirrors that fit the 2015 FJR. I hear they are a lot cheaper than the actual FJR mirrors.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
The EMGO version of the FZ1 mirrors are good also, and cheaper. Yes, must get right year as OldJeep says....
EMGO for FZ1 ... RH = 20-80511 and LH = 20-80512 in black. Don't get the carbon fiber, it looks cheap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rayzerman. Ordered from Dennis Kirk.
Anyone got a line on just the glass for the mirror?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks bounce. Literally just returned from our local company. They (and he said most glass companies) don't deal with automotive mirrors. He said it's too thin and it was different than normal mirrors because the reflective coating is on the front, not the back - like a normal mirror. And it's somehow "special" so it doesn't rub off. He did say that if I can get some mirror material he may be able to cut it, but wasn't sure.

It's hard to believe just the glass/mirror is not available instead of having to purchase the whole assembly.

Edit: The home glass company did tell me to try a auto glass company. Did that just now and they have it and may be able to cut if for me. I'll try to take it over there in the next day or two. I'll keep you posted. If it works out it should be less than $30.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take it. PM with info.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had my mirror glass replaced here in Orlando for about $15. Simply dropped off my mirror and they had it done the next day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Dlounsbury
I'm going to take senecahome's offer but I'm curious; What kind of place did you take it too? Automotive store or motorcycle shop? I did take mine into the auto glass place today and they said they could cut a mirror for it but it would not fit exactlyl and have to be "glued" in. I figured it won't hurt to have that done as I am not sure i can get another. We'll see how close it is and if I decide I want to use it over the one from senecahome.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@fastfreddie
Wow, offers coming in now. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out with senecahome. We've just exchanged info via DM.
It doesn't happen to be a 2015 Graphite Grey, does it? That would be easier in the long run.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Fast Freddie,
I have information on the Gen 2, but would like to hear more specifics on your mirror. You must be out riding. Hope to hear back from you here or in the DM link.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I have a stock '015 mirror in a box. Right side tho'.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
My bad. It's a left side mirror with a pretty good scuff. No wonder the prev owner swapped them out for FZ1 mirrors. LOL

White Automotive design Grey Comfort Tints and shades

Chair Automotive tire Automotive design Armrest Comfort

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Whooshka
Hey Whooshka, how much to you want for that? I am pretty sure I can fix it. It's the right color and that would be easier than trying to pop out and then pop in the mirror?

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Alien, answering your PM now. (y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
@ Dlounsbury
I'm going to take senecahome's offer but I'm curious; What kind of place did you take it too? Automotive store or motorcycle shop? I did take mine into the auto glass place today and they said they could cut a mirror for it but it would not fit exactlyl and have to be "glued" in. I figured it won't hurt to have that done as I am not sure i can get another. We'll see how close it is and if I decide I want to use it over the one from senecahome.

Sorry for the delay. White's Glass & Mirror. They are not an Auto Glass business, but the owner is a motorcycle guy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts