FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
10,750 Posts
Lookin' good, Herb!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That is industrial Velcro, I love it, I put the other part on anything to stick it to the dash, garage door opener, Allan keys ect... The holes are for elastic for my phone ect.. Center I'd gps mount.. The coating is some sort of bed liner..

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
@Herb Farr - very nicely done! BTW, what year is your Airhead?

Reactions: Herb Farr

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
@Herb Farr - very nicely done! BTW, what year is your Airhead?
78 my late father bought it early 80s... Its pretty much original, but I did just convert it to a bar mount front brake master.. It hasn't been on the road for about 10 years, but is almost ready to go.. Had to get out the mouse nests, and repair the charging harness... One I get the new tubes and tires mounted it should be good... It runs good.. Has an electronic ignition conversion done in the 90s

I used to ride it now and again in the 80s..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still have the original shelf new in the box, never installed.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. -- Hegel
[/QUOTE]

Hey Dan,

Do you still have the shelf you bought? I am interested in it.

·
Registered
2013 FJR
42 Posts
That is industrial Velcro, I love it, I put the other part on anything to stick it to the dash, garage door opener, Allan keys ect... The holes are for elastic for my phone ect.. Center I'd gps mount.. The coating is some sort of bed liner..
Herb, can I ask where you got the larger quantity of industrial Velcro ?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sure, I got that particular stuff at Canadian Tire this time, it took two or 3 widths to cover it, I'm pretty sure Home Depot and Peavy Mart have it

21 - 33 of 33 Posts