FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I own a 2005 FJR and recvently noticed a small gas drip from the gas tank breather hose at bottom of bike when I leave the bike parked in the sun in about 80 degree weather. I have cleaned out this hose and given it a good shot of air but was wondering what the other hose is that comes from the tank out the bottom of the bike? I was thinking this other hose was to allow air into the tank and it maybe crimped? - thus not allowing enough air into the tank for it to beathe Anyone had something like this happen to them - it only happens when parked in the sun on warm days. I may lift the tank to check that the hoses aren't crimped
P.Braido

·
Registered
154 Posts
dont worry. mine did the same, i bet your bike is dark blue. park in the sun, leave it parked for a while and put your hand on the tank. its supprisingly hot when in sunlight, its the fuel / gasses expanding in the heat and venting from the pipe. never does it when in cooler weather.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys - not much to worry about then but I did lift the tank and found one of the hoses off so I connected it back up but of course the weather for the next few days is overcast with some rain - its just good to know that its happened to others and not to worry - I guess if the tank wasn't venting now that would be more cause for alarm P.Braido

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.