FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the new Garmin 2720 unit about 3 weeks ago and it seems to playng up a bit.

It seems to loose satelite reception regulary, recalculate a lot during a journey and shuts off and restarts intermmitently. All this seems to happen more when the unit is in its first hour of use and then gets better?

I emailed Garmin 5 times (no reply) then spoke to their technical department and they told me to load the latest software from their website. Did that yesterday and no differnence.

Anyone had similar experinces?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks like you got my old unit :roll:
Had exactly the same problems when I bought my 2720 a few months back, was concerned I might have warranty problems because I bought it from Portugal (very cheap) but after software updates didnt work Garmin UK were brilliant & exchanged it for a brand new unit which is perfect. Customer service at Garmin is hard to get through to but when you do the service in my experience is very good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds like the unit has a problem unless your going in and out of tunnels you shouldnt lose satelites at all. Mine does the re calculating at strange times as I go along but not often unless I take a wrong road.

Call garmin UK at Romsey and make a damn nuisance of yourself . It took me 3 weeks to sort out intemitent sound into my Autocom.

Its an expensive unit and should work properly

I cant be without mine especially the speed camera warnings

Hope you get it sorted .
:shock:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Intermittent sound to your Autocom you say??

I could share Autocom's solution to that problem with you if I could just upload a .pdf file :roll:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Its OK Shakey I phoned Autocom while waiting for my replacement lead from Garmin and was told to cut off the connector and solder the wires together. Their opinion of the Garmin connector was its [email protected]

Since then no problems with the sound at all
:ale:

·
Registered
247 Posts
tontofjr said:
Its OK Shakey I phoned Autocom while waiting for my replacement lead from Garmin and was told to cut off the connector and solder the wires together. Their opinion of the Garmin connector was its [email protected]

Since then no problems with the sound at all
:ale:
Just done the same thing myself but it would be good for others if I could post the method up here. So lets try this ....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same unit and it is great. I would demand a new unit of a fix under warrantee. This unit was not cheap. Just keep calling and writing. My experience with Garmin's aviation units has been good and they have always been forthcoming and easy to deal with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts