FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put my deposit down for my silver '06 Fazer. My dealer says to expect it in Mar/Apr. But he said that they will be in short supply. He is only expecting an allocation of 2-3 bikes for the entire year! Some posters on other FZ1 sites are saying only 500 FZ1 will come to the US in '06.

They finally get the bike injected and then limit its availability. WTF is Yamaha thinking? Might as well start a pre-order program for that one too.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
ericw said:
Some posters on other FZ1 sites are saying only 500 FZ1 will come to the US in '06.
I can't imagine that being anywhere close to being true. 500 of the 18K R1LEs, maybe.

:)

·
Registered
949 Posts
ericw said:
I just put my deposit down for my silver '06 Fazer. My dealer says to expect it in Mar/Apr. But he said that they will be in short supply. He is only expecting an allocation of 2-3 bikes for the entire year! Some posters on other FZ1 sites are saying only 500 FZ1 will come to the US in '06.
A limited production run of models that have been seriously upgraded would defeat the whole purpose of the upgrade. The FZ1 upgrade is significantly more than the minimal changes for the R1-LE over the std 06 R1. The 06 FZ1 is virtually a new model.

Its been a sneaking suspicion of mine that there has been a slight marketing shift by Yamaha with the 06 FJR being moved slightly further into the heavier tourer bracket and the 06 FZ1 given a little more punch plus versatility. The sharp end is held by the R1, maybe next the FZ1 and further along the line the FJR. The 06 FZ1 should be a very versatile bike but I would still like to see a dry sump and lower engine position. Hopefully there will be plenty of mid range torque between 4k-8k but the bore/stroke ratio is top end biased to start with. IMHO the bore/stroke ratio of the FJR and the location of the torque/power is right on the money. No doubt all will be revealed in good time.

Cheers
Lenz

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed. The 06 FJR is a heavier bike and more ST1300ish than ever. That is the target market after all. I test rode the 05 FZ1 and was about to sign papers and take it home, but reason prevailed and couldnt do it knowing what 06 would bring. So I wait. Early feedback from those who have ridden it are saying very good things. For $9K, hard to beat the quality and fun factor.

It will not replace the FJR. I'm still keeping it for the long hauls with the girlfriend. Topcase backrest is mandatory for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.