FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 FJR1300A
1,267 Posts
If it were me I would concentrate on the tip over sensor first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If it were me I would concentrate on the tip over sensor first.
I honestly do not know what that is about. I bought it off the original owner and there are no signs what so ever that it has ever been down on either side. I also went in diag 62 and deleted both hoping that would reset everything. I also unhooked the battery to charge it and try some new ideas tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,331 Posts
You'll have to locate that fuel injection system relay.... separate from the fuel pump relay. Only Gen1 had this AFAIK.
Those two codes could be phantom, ie, not real..... see if they come back on your next attempt to start...
If the bike starts, tipover switch is OK. If it runs, cps should be ok (even for a few seconds, ie., getting spark).
Do you know if right side timing cover was ever off (for valve adjust or CCT replace), and wire is not pinched (esp, near top forward corner)?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
You'll have to locate that fuel injection system relay.... separate from the fuel pump relay. Only Gen1 had this AFAIK.
Those two codes could be phantom, ie, not real..... see if they come back on your next attempt to start...
If the bike starts, tipover switch is OK. If it runs, cps should be ok (even for a few seconds, ie., getting spark).
Do you know if right side timing cover was ever off (for valve adjust or CCT replace), and wire is not pinched (esp, near top forward corner)?
If I find the fuel injection relay then what? There is no way to tell if it is good or bad. There is no diag test for that one. Best I can do is unplug and make sure there is good contact.

Both codes were most likely phantom. The bike started as normal but only ran for a few seconds. I can tell it is running out of fuel. When I turn the key on and the fuel pump runs it will start and run for a second or two then it dies. What ever relay is running the fuel pump after initial start up is what I`m betting is the problem. It is just a pain staking search for someone who does not know where it is on the bike.

I doubt the timing cover was ever off but I will check for a wire pinch.

·
Premium Member
9,331 Posts
I'm not sure where it is either, I've not had enough Gen1 experience to know.... up front under the right battery cover or dash cover?
Do you have a service manual and wiring diagram?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm not sure where it is either, I've not had enough Gen1 experience to know.... up front under the right battery cover or dash cover?
Do you have a service manual and wiring diagram?
I have a website that has all the OEM fishes and I am able to see the breakdown of all the components and where they are located but the description only says "relay" so not sure what is what because there are several. I do know that the fuel pressure relay is very close to the battery because I could hear it clicking when I did the diag 50 test. It is somewhere under the instrument cluster more toward the battery side.
I do not have a service manual but will get one if I do not get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The tip over sensor shuts off the fuel pump so if that is showing up on your diag codes, it seems like that would be your problem and fits the symptoms exactly. Maybe it's not tripping until after the bike starts. Cheap enough part to replace.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
This is a gen2 part. I got inside my gen1 yesterday and it looks a little different and does not have this sloppy play as the gen2 shown in this video. The pendulum moved freely and works like it should. A few days ago I went to diag.62 and reset to get rid of both codes. It still shows no bad codes after trying to restart the bike and it running for a second or two each time. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have a website that has all the OEM fishes and I am able to see the breakdown of all the components and where they are located but the description only says "relay" so not sure what is what because there are several. I do know that the fuel pressure relay is very close to the battery because I could hear it clicking when I did the diag 50 test. It is somewhere under the instrument cluster more toward the battery side.
I do not have a service manual but will get one if I do not get to the bottom of this.
Thanks. I sent you an email.

·
Premium Member
9,331 Posts
If there was a tipover event the code is simply stored. The condition corrects itself with one ignition off-on cycle. If the code doesn't come back, it indicates the condition has corrected.
However, if flaky, may be allowing the bike to start, then shuts it down?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If there was a tipover event the code is simply stored. The condition corrects itself with one ignition off-on cycle. If the code doesn't come back, it indicates the condition has corrected.
However, if flaky, may be allowing the bike to start, then shuts it down?
The code never showed back up and I got into the tip over module and it is working properly with no hang ups.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts