FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all well after taking out the fuel pump on the bike I found a circuit board attatched to the pump using a resistance scheme to give a fuel total :? . After using the multi-meter to try and find some resistance factor there was a hairline crack across one of the lines creating a nill reading. The circuit board is easily removed and replaced if you can find a replacement ( if you find one please let me know! ) but put a jumper wire across bypassing the crack and well the guage works but because the resistance distance has changed so has the guage. Doesn't show Full and reserve hits around the 8 - 10 ltrs mark I think. Yamaha don't sell the circuit boards seperately so your looking around $650 + for a new pump :twisted: (even when the old one is good too go) So yeah happy riding and good luck.

Oh found black oily sort of stuff kind of stuck to the pump looking like oil wiped away like oil since it beaded on the plastic. Worries? Info for cleaning tank from this? Thanks in advance :ale:

TIMMIE
:crylarf:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi Timmie,

Bad news, there isn´t any sending units available separately. Mine broke down, exactly like yours, last year. Managed to find an used pump + sending unit from a bike junk yard.

Showed the sending unit to an electrician and he said "no can do". There should be enough wrecked FJRs around so finding an used pump/sending unit shouldn´t be impossible.

Black oily stuff on pump plastic body=> yeah mine too. The new (used) pump looked just like the original. No worries.

Finnfjr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts