FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very hard & very hot ride pulled over for a break with 3 bars on the gauge & noticed a drip of petrol coming out of breather pipe. I opened the filler cap to release any built up pressure.There was a tremendous blast of pressure came out & hit me in the face.Started bike to find the gauge was flashing on 1 bar & is still doing it with full tank. I suspect the breather pipe had a blockage but there has been no more leaks & no more pressure build up.
Any suggestions please re fixing fuel gauge or do i need a new sender unit.????

·
Super Moderator
3,953 Posts
Service the fuel filler neck and pay special attention to the vent(s).

http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/maint/ff/ff.html

Also, check the vent hoses hanging from the bottom of the bike. Remove any obstructions, clean well, then clip them at a 45° angle (low toward the front, high toward the back of the bike). This will help reduce the amount of road spooge that accummulates.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Hi Murf, Welcome back M8 good trip I here..

Anyway back to the problem the pressure was it so bad to have ballooned the tank a tad and jammed and switch do you think?
Sounds like a blocked vent pipe? Maybe worth lifting the tank and checking everything under there and give the sensor a light nudge.

But is more likely to be the lower vents under the bike as I have seen the conditions you have been riding through.

Glad you all are back safe.

Woody & Sue.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i will give it a go see what happens. The day it happened was when we ran out of road in the greek mountains & did our 20 mile dirt tracking bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts