FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had to remove the front wheel to remove and fit Ohlins fork springs and found that the ABS system is quite tricky to align whilst reassembling the front axle. Has anyone done this often enough to share tips and tricks to make the job hassle free? My thoughts are that it is much easier if you are able to raise the bike off the ground and drop the front wheel down when the axle is removed (and vice versa for re-installation). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Pierre - I have something similar but also have tie downs around the top of the forks which takes some pressure off the front end as well - the more aspects the better I guess. Would be interested to hear any other comments from anyone else though - everyone has their own way of approaching these things.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you have R&G sliders on the machine, a pair of car-type axle stands with a strip of rubber in the 'U' does the biz. You'll need an assistant to slide them into place under the sliders whilst you hold the front wheel off the ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys - Warchild's article is a big help. Seems like a bloody big hassle over a front wheel doesn't it!!!!!!?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Personally, didn't find the whole job that much of a hassle. Pay close attention with disassembly, and just reversed it then torqued everything down, battabing battaboom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts