FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here tried or even heard of this outfit, sounds a good Idea but I'm still looking for the catch...If something is free, I'm allways a little sceptical..

http://www.skype.com/

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wonder if it works the same as MSN Messenger, thats free, and I use it to talk and have video conversations. So don't think I will be downloading.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It really does work, the only catch is it only works for free when you call other people with skype. You can pay to be able to use it for incoming or outgoing calls to none skype users though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
yep I use it all the time to call my friends who also have skype, if you have a web cam you can video call as well. I use it to call my friends in France a lot. It is very very similar to MSN

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ian said:
It really does work, the only catch is it only works for free when you call other people with skype. You can pay to be able to use it for incoming or outgoing calls to none skype users though.
You can try Voipbuster which is cheaper than Skype for landline connections in the UK (in Portugal - and a bunch of other countries like France, Spain, the Netherlands, etc.- it's free!). I use it and it works just fine.

PS - In the US: 1 cent per minute landline and mobile.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a go, I will just pass the link on to those still talking to me, and get them to download..

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Mike, thats you off my list then, just my Mum to go .. :cry:

·
Registered
107 Posts
sherlock said:
Anyone here tried or even heard of this outfit, sounds a good Idea but I'm still looking for the catch...If something is free, I'm allways a little sceptical..

http://www.skype.com/
With Skype I can talk to my nephew who is living in New Zealand (I live in The Netherlands) if he's sitting in the room next to me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Both Mark and I use it too, as do Raywiz (remember him), Sheila and Scaley. If anyone wants my ID then send me a PM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts