FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: What do you do if you love your understated red R1...

with perfect bodywork...

with Graves goodies and PCIII...

and Yamaha offers the very exciting R1LE?

- -

Following 20valves on his yellow & black attack last Saturday was a treat, but unfortunately I couldn't think of clever way to tell him what I had done the weekend before.

- -

I love the Yellow & Black... but I couldn't see myself power-touring on something so racy-looking...

and because the Yellow & Black is so dear to sa many, I thought... I'll take an R1LE... and keep my red bodywork... and I'll have a very desirable 50th Anniversary-colored 2004 R1 to offer in trade. My dealer thinks it'll only last about a week in the showroom.

- -

Presenting the worlds only 50th Anniversary 2004 R1. :mrgreen:

This is the last picture I took, because when I put the last panels on the red R1LE... the camera melted.

It looks very sweet in red, with the Graves pipes and gold wheels... pictures to follow (when I get a new camera)

:)

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, the bumblebee '04 is somebody else's baby now.

The red LE stays at my house. :mrgreen:

I moved the Powerlet tap, the Graves velocity stacks, the graves exhaust, the PCIII from the '04 into the '06. Not one fastener, plug or piece of tape has changed since the '04 model, so the exchange was time-consuming, but not bad at all.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I'm sure the gold bits offset really nice with the red. The Euro version in black is nice as well. I'd like to see a pic with it all together in red. Looks like you were running Diablos on your old R1?

By the way, you're a real turd for buying an LE. :p 8)

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
20valves said:
By the way, you're a real turd for buying an LE. :p 8)
Just helping my dealer out... I'm getting an obscene trade-in allowance for the '04. :mrgreen:

And yes, the plain flavored Diablos were my favorites on the '04... but I'll be carefully weighing the performance/life of the corsas on the LE. I'll barely have 'em broken in by the time we get over to the track at Heartland Park. :mrgreen:

If anybody else thinks an LE would fit in their stable... I know a dealer with 5 in regular stock.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got some pictures shot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Beautiful bike, liquid.

It looks like a you have a RKA 7.5 liter SuperSport Mini XRS tail bag on the bike. It integrates perfectly with the bike. How do you like it? Functional, for it's size?

Thinking about getting one for my Speed Triple and this is the first time I've seen one mounted on a bike.

Appreciate your input as to pros/cons of the bag.

rad

·
Registered
737 Posts
liquid, it's a one of a kind beauty. 8) I bet it looks even better standing next to it. :D

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes Rad, that's the bag. I'm very happy with it. As you know, these bikes have ZERO storage space. I typically carry my wallet, tire kit, cellular, camera and papers in it.

In expanded form, I've done a weekend trip with it, but you have to pack 'spartan.'

It clips onto the p-pad seat, and it's as tight as it can go - to clip onto the tiny R1 p-pad. Check that your bikes back seat isn't smaller than the R1's.

·
Registered
409 Posts
liquid, that very well may be the best looking thing I've seen on two wheeles. :shock:
Soooo understated and all. :crylarf:

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mmmm! Yes. The man CAN farkle, can't he! 8)

I like the seat cowl, but I'd never use it... as my Sunday afternoon rides are usually 250 miles or so, and I need to have some 'sport-touring' necessities with me. And I don't share his penchant for black windshields. I'm hoping I like the other LE goodies (Ohlins legs, slipper clutch and the new motor) on the track, too. (looks like we both need to find some good, flush-mount front signals)

If the storms and my schedule don't change, mine's going to get two fast break-in runs (already had one) and an oil change before hitting the track in a few days with 20valves in Topeka. I think we'll both be doing lots of suspension adjustments under the EZup. I wish I could bang mine around a little more before getting wifey to help me measure up the sag.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.