FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both pieces.

New Condition.

$180-US, shipped anywhere in the 'lower 48.'
(I paid about $300)

Sorry to brothers from Canada, Europe and others... I don't know how to do the currency exchange or intl shipping.

The tank cover kept my '05 tank looking absolutely showroom new after a year of riding. I have Bagster covers on various bikes, but the FJR's fit like a glove, perfect. It would fit '03s - '05s, but the color matches the '05. I never remove the Bagster covers to wash my bikes, and they keep looking new. They actually look newer after they've been washed.

The bag clips onto the cover, and is widely expandable.

CLICK below for info on the tank cover:
Bagster Tank Cover Web Page

Note: The web page doesn't show the letters, "FJR1300" embroidered into the sides of the cover.

CLICK below for info on the bag:
Bagster Bag Web Page

Just to show how the Bagsters look on my other bikes, here:

and

First Private Message received gets it. I promise complete integrity. I will post as soon as it's spoken for.

:)

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The model numbers show up on the web page links. 1420F and 4852BN1.

Could ship to that US address, but I don't know how to take CAN funds. Sorry, but I'm not an experienced retailer.

Pierre stands first in line... but to be fair, according to the terms laid forth... it needs to be US funds, shipped to a US address. Waiting for word on that.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - Pierre's got it.

I was telling him through email, I can't say enough good things about the Bagster outfit for the FJR. On the R1, and ST4S, I could make a tiny complaint that the tank covers don't fit every nook and cranny of the tanks, which are a little more modeled, but the FJR's fits like a glove... and looks very sharp.

And the master of this site, BikeJohnny is the best way to buy Bagster stuff, especially here in the western hemisphere... because the US importers have changed often and don't get you the stuff nearly as fast. Feels good to support this great community as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
*&%$*&^%&*^%*(^%*^%^##$#$$*))

I would have been all over that! Oh well... glad Pierre got it. :roll:

If anything happens to the deal, let me know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pierre,
That's just mean! :!:

By the way, which bag is that? I have looked at the set and I know it isn't cheap. Just wonderd if that was the bag I liked... can't quite tell from the picture.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK, I'll go check it out and NO offense taken. I was disappointed I didn't beat you to it, but I can't be "jealous"... what good would that do?!?. I'll just wait for the right deal or put that farkle back in order of priority and buy it new. Going to get my Givi trunk and rack fist. I have a pretty decent tank bag now.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay Pierre, it's all shipped away for the US address for tomorrow delivery.

You got the same installation instructions I did, when I bought it new.
(joke, there were none... they'd probably have been in Francais, and you could have translated them to us. :D )

No problems though, it's easier to figure out than putting on a tuxedo. There's a carry strap in the right bag pocket, to convert the bag into a shoulder bag (never been used). Clipping the bag on and off the tank cover is elementary.

Strap on the tank cover securely, and with a little time, it will form itself to the tank tightly.

The little tabs on the sides of the tank bag have a hole, that the side panel screw will go through.

Be sure not to overtighten those side panel screws, because the 'well nuts' behind them damage easily with too much torque. Not much is needed. Then just tuck-in the ends of the straps and she's good!

Enjoy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for everything

Thanks Liquid, very nice from you couldn't buy it from a better guy !!!

Thanks for the gift ( a short winshield ) could not expect for more !!! :D

If you ever have something to translate in french, or french to english don't hesitate pm me :wink:

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Muchas Gracias! :lol:

My year of French in 7th Grade has been bastardized by 2 years of college Spanish, a semester of Greek, a Hebrew course, a German client, real estate in Japan and countless Rossi interviews in Italian.

My most effective communication is a dumb look. :lol:

Perhaps it's why my posts are such jibberish! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts