FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I took all my 2016 body parts to a shop to get painted. That shop closed and essentially stole my parts. I have a judgement against the owner, but he's laying low. Might be because another customer's Range Rover disappeared from his shop...

So I ordered and finally received all the replacement body parts. For my 2005, the side cowlings could be ordered with all the foam and other bits. The 2016? No package deal available. I ended up ordering all of the little foam pieces a la carte.

Now that all of the parts are here, it's time to put them on so I can ride my 2016. I can see approximate foam locations on the fiche at partzilla.com . I've searched this subforum for "foam" and looked through all the messages back to 2012. Didn't see anything. I've looked at Atrophy's fairing removal pic on his website. What he has looks more helpful than the parts fiche, but I'd like to know more about overlap (near the top) and curvature (particularly the wide thin one lowest on the fairing).

I would appreciate it if someone with a 2013+ cowling already off would take several pictures of the foam on their cowling from a few different angles to highlight the positions of the foam on the cowlings. Maybe you've got a scraped up cowling just sitting in the garage with the foam intact. Those pics would give me more confidence about the correct foam locations.

If you don't already have your cowling off but want to do this anyway, I thank you for your extra effort! The concern you reduce may be your own, down the road ;)

I would be happy to host the pics in my Google Drive and share them going forward...

·
Registered
2015 FJR-1300ESF
523 Posts
Would a look inside a 2015 help, or is it too different to be of use?

I need to have the front brake switch recall done on my 2015. That seems to require getting into the cowling, due to the wiring, so maybe I could get some pics for you while it's apart.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would a look inside a 2015 help, or is it too different to be of use?

I need to have the front brake switch recall done on my 2015. That seems to require getting into the cowling, due to the wiring, so maybe I could get some pics for you while it's apart.
A 2015 would be great! The cowlings are essentially the same from 2013 forward, with (for my purposes) negligible differences between A and ES.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,281 Posts
No painted parts are removed to replace the brake switch, only the windshield and gray pieces under it.

Reactions: 2GENAE
1 - 4 of 4 Posts