FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or used driver and/or passenger floorboards on an FJR?

The reason I'm asking is that my wife insists on them as a passenger because of her orthotic shoes. She can't put weight on her foot unless it is completely supported. A peg might also break her custom-made orthotic insert.

Any ideas where I might buy this item?

Thanks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
possibly starting out with apeice of cardboard, make a template maybe 2x5 inches place it on the foot peg in the lowered and up position seeing if it clears. looking at it in many different angles. if you have something going, next make it out of quarter inch wood or plastic use a small clamp or tie wire whatever, have your wife try it out ,but like dont go any where with it like that , then get a hold of your buds and help you make several pairs. YOU CAN DO IT enjoy , if I had my 06,to look at may have some better imput.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong guys, but doesn't the '06 have a thin boot rest for the pillion in addition to the pegs?
It could easily be enhanced if needed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Check out the mini wings from Kuryakyn. When the wife and I go on trips I install a set of these attached to Cycle-istiC peg extenders. The peg extenders are made for a Honda Magna, but fit the FJR. It looks a little strange with this set-up, but your passenger will love it. I take mine back off when the trip is over. If you do a search for passenger pegs you should be able to find the old thread with pictures and discriptions of this set up. Btw, if you get these make sure to get the wing adaptors for the Honda, as the peg extenders are made for the Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts