FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crap! I just noticed this banner over at the other board:

"HACKED BY KARTALLAR HACK TEAM"

I sent an email to the board owner, but if it's anything like what happened at ezboard, it's gonna be hard to get onto for the short term....

Bastards! Get my noose!

·
Registered
117 Posts
We are on it.

We have our suspicions on who did this.

Unlike with the old board, we also have full periodic database backups, so after we ensure the system is completely locked down again, we'll do a restore and the most info we will have lost would be those messages posted after the last backup (couple of days of posting, tops)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Now says, we have moved the server and ask's you to login to a new chat room.

Is this legit or a spyware install gag?

I suggest we take turns in doing burnouts on the bodies of these jokers.
Means I have to work today as well :cry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sensitive information

Dale,

Before everything disappeared, and the asswipes were messing with the site content, some apparent mod-to-mod posts made it into the display... One I saw was something from Slap to the other mods about backups. It had some login information for the mods posted in it, so at some point(and I'm sure this is nothing you won't already do) everybody should be cautioned to change their passwords on the post-recovery site...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Who ever they are Warchild--I hope your suspicions prove correct and those A holes get prosecuted. I also hope Joos will allow us to monitor the progress from here on getting FJRForum back up again. I want to see you guys after those A holes like the pic's of you and Igee w/guns.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sherlock said:
Well, its nice to see you all over here whilst you rid yourselves of the vermin.. :twisted:

I'll put the kettle on..
Hell, make it a tall frosty ale... Oh wait, you don't do frosty, do you?

As long as the hackers didn't blow away our backups, we should be fine.... though we'll lose the last couple of days worth of posts...
Aw crap! You mean I gotta re-rank on radman all over again?! Damn, those last few were cherry... Oh, well. :lol:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Teerex51 said:
Yippeee...

Does that mean my accident didn' t happen? :lol:

Stef
hmmm, good ? :crylarf: Maybe if they hacked the backup since your wreck was longer than two days ago--then your in the clear. Your gain is another's loss--I suggest you postpone your surgery until we find out! Hate like hell for you to have to go through such needlessly

·
Super Moderator
3,980 Posts
Yep. I was reading a thread and got distracted by a call. When I came back and tried to reply (with a quote) I saw the HACKED banner. I went back to the forum main URL and got a login screen but it didn't recognize my ID/PW. I then posted to the FJR mail list so that any of the admins monitoring the list would know (in case no one else had reported it).

There's some sick fucks out there.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts