FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
They're rebuilding the data base. Big job. Long time. 24 - 48 hours if the last hack fix is any indication. Good peeps be workin' on it, have patience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:(
Just tried to log on to the forum for the first time since yesterday. When did FJRForum go down? Was it hacked? If it was hacked, then I have to say I just don't understand the motivations of some people to do harm...burns me up :twisted: Really like that website........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No Backup?

I'm no computer programer, but when that other FJR forum was hacked (A forum I ceased to visit due to unpleasantries surrounding owners hard nosed attitude) I thought that the lesson had been learned and that a off-line back-up was the way to go.

Is the rebuilding based on a back-up and just needs "tinkering" to restore. or is the process more labor intensive than that?

·
Super Moderator
3,959 Posts
restoring from backups is my understanding. the nature of the software might mean that all the data comes back into the database at a single level and the admins then have to start stuffing things into the various folders to get it back like it was before. tedious process but no data loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts