FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Those side cases look familiar don't they??
The fairing sure changes the look of that puppy.
Hey, if you don't mind looking after the chain and less wind protection, the Fazer in one sweet looking machine.
I doubt my 50+ butt would be as bearable after a day in the saddle, but I would love it in the twisties.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I think those panniers just look wrong stuck out there, though the rest of the bike looks OK. But the chain drive makes it an automatic no-no for me. I will never buy another chain drive road bike, I don't care how good it is.

·
Registered
94 Posts
FZ1

Eric,

How much does the bike weigh with bags? As much as I like the integrated bags on the FJR, the weight of the bike is the biggest downer. Plus the screen has never been much to brag about. How much worse can the FZ screen be.

BAGSTR

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the FJR bags weigh in at about 14 pounds each, I would think the FZ bags are pretty close, maybe a pound or two less. So it probably adds 25 pounds to the bike. Add another 10 for the fairing piece and its goes from 438 to 473 with that setup. About 109 less than the 1300 with 5 more HP. I rode the '05 FZ and it was a kick, but knew the '06 would be FI, so I waited. Glad I did. It will be nice to be able to change the look quickly by just adding 1 piece. I'll keep the FJR for the long hauls with the pillion, but the 150-250 mile solo days will be all FZ.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Re: FZ1

BAGSTR said:
How much worse can the FZ screen be.
On the old ones, it was a lot worse... well, just not functional for weather protection anyway. I didn't that would change much on the new model. But the one in the picture above looks bigger, doesn't it?

The stock screen on the old fizzy was at such an obtuse angle... all of the air hitting the helmet was buffetting and tumbling horribly. I had to change to the ZeroGravity Double Bubble, because I was getting headaches from the helmet vibrating. The ZeroGravity shield completely cured the problem, 100%. But in cold weather, you still had sportbike weather protection. Perhaps if I lived in sunny SoCal, the screen wouldn't be such a big issue for me.

Stock jetting needed tweaking as well... hopefully they have that sorted with the FI on the '06.

My FZ was a tremendous motorcycle! R1-style power, very nimble handling compared to the FJR... and still (for me) all day comfortable. Except in cold weather. ;)

With options on the windscreen and hard bags... perhaps that would be my next bagger.

Chains don't bother me these days... I probably spend as much time messing with them as I spent changing the monkey-jizz in the pumpkins of the FJRs. I don't ride through lots of weather or have to leave the bike outside much, either.

:)

·
Super Moderator
3,954 Posts
Re: FZ1

BAGSTR said:
Plus the screen has never been much to brag about. How much worse can the FZ screen be. - BAGSTR
having ridden a fizzer at speeds over 70 mph, i can assure you the fjr offers a TON more wind protection. You don't have to crawl under the paint on the gas tank when running on the Feejer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts