FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As those on FJRForum are already aware, I sorta-kinda helped design a FJR1300 shirt for a shirtmaker in Thailand. He makes a pretty large amount of shirts/jackets for the moto-enthusiast.... his eBay store is sizable.

They came out looking kinda interesting.... I have one coming....

Here's a blue version:

Here's the eBay store listing in case anyone is interested: FJR1300 shirts on eBay

·
Super Moderator
3,948 Posts
Glad to see they don't have the advert logo. There was one shirt design floating around that had a patch from something like an oil company or something. It didn't fit imo. These are cleaner and only giving free advert space to Yammy and their PdP bike! :roll:

·
Registered
372 Posts
gr8eyes said:
Those are cool. I really like the blue one. When you get it let us know what kind of material it is.

Is this the same guy making the Jackets?

Glenn
Looks like 100% polyester to me. Now I have something to go with the plaid polyester bell bottom pants that have been hanging in my closet for 20 years!

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
After 20 years Rocketdoc is coming out of his closet! Sherlock will be along soon.

Oh, sorry - I see it's just his bell bottoms coming out. Stand down, Sherlock.

·
Registered
372 Posts
:lol:
David glad you clarified your misinterpretation. Being that I worked with sheep as long as I did, I would have expected Sherlock long before now.
From the large animal practice end of things, there have been a few good stories to tell.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry, but I can't keep quiet on this one. That is the absolute GAYEST looking shirt I have ever seen! In fact, it's the gayest looking bowling shirt I have ever seen! I don't know what's worse, the contrasting pocket colors or the "I'm a little soldier boy" appalets on the shoulders. And couldn't YAMAHA be plastered over about 6 or 8 more spots on the shirt? You know, I get it, the FJR1300 is a frickin' Yamaha. If the point of the design was to make the shirt as gawdy as possible and a complete embarassment to anyone who rides an FJR, then it is truly a winner! Sail away, Captain!

And Glenn, you'd better clear your purchase with Marla first. She dresses you to the 9's and if you put one of those San Francisco Rent-A-Cop shirts on, I bet she kicks your ass all the way to the curb! :lol:

·
Registered
728 Posts
amain said:
That is the absolute GAYEST looking shirt I have ever seen! In fact, it's the gayest looking bowling shirt I have ever seen! :lol:
Funny you should say that, because from where I stand, there's nothing in that design for the girlies either.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Warchild - he can't be a homophobe, he's a democrat! 8)

Now, back to sensitivity training for you, Amain! :wink:

I'm seein' it worn over your Metallica t-shirt, WC... with the sleeves ripped off. :mrgreen:

:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can see the shirts being fine within the venue. Out of context I think they might get more than a few WTF? looks. Might be fun at the bowling alley......if I bowled. :lol:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm not afraid of homosexuals, I just don't care to dress like one. Apparently 'tardophobes don't care what they (or the rest of us) look like. I think we should leave the clothes designing to Joos, he already knows Yamaha makes the FJR.

Uh, Ocfjr, just what venue are you talking about?

·
Registered
113 Posts
@Amain - The FJR venue. Such as at WFO or EOM type events where people will be wearing things that might be over the top in public, but more within the realm of 'normal' at an FJR event. (what ever normal is :wink: )

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do they do them in Spandex or Lycra ??

Pastille colours ??

Just wonderin' you understand :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Sherlock, for 'your friends' I think they do them in the original curly wool.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts