FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I currently have the 01 model ( I know havn't upgraded :oops: ) but the problem that I am having is that the the fuel guage transmitter located on the fuel pump ( little plastic piece worthabout $2 ) has stuffed out and well yamaha do not sell this as a seperate item. So I don't like the idea of forking out over $600 for a $2 item. if anyone has any ideas or knowledge of places I could get this part either on a stuffed fuel pump or as a seperate item I would be appreciated! :lol:

In the land of Australia

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome first of all ClubCrusty (Tim-mo-fo) Good to hear from you,

I have no suggestions for a fix of your dramas regarding the transmitter :( ..but..Is the Tx. totally snafood? Can you maybe pull it apart and fix it? (Instrument Fitter?) give the contacts a clean with some contact cleaner?
Maybe you can call some of the wreckers around Oz...for a "ride-off" and buy the unit of them. Sometimes that magazine with all the secondhand bikes (Just Bikes) has all the wreckers in the back and sometimes you see FJR's for wrecking.
Is the pump a generic FJR item? Does the XJR or Diversion run the same sort of thing?

Are you sure you've got fuel in the tank? Someone hasn't flogged it all and used it as a pre-mix?

Ohh ....I know this has nothing to do with it....but....the new FJR is great!!!

"ClUb CrUstY" Amber Fluid Racing :ale:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Buy an 06 one and you will get a new bike with it.

Might be expensive though... :crylarf:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts