FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have I become one of those older individuals who donesn't like change?
First impression of this new 2006 web site is that it is over complicated. Is there a chance that we can keep/have back what we are currently using?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Like the new FJR, the 06 website is a bit different, but surely its the people who make it what it is. It's like when they change the sawdust down the local pub. :?

IIRC this forums been changed at least two times previously and you'll get used to it eventually. 8)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Opinion is divided in our house, so much so we had a heated discussion about it - Mark HATES it and is refusing to register again but I like it but that's cause its like all the other forums I use now. Can't please everyone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'll get used to it I guess, But I do miss being able to have a quick scan at the posts from the one page as per the old site.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Daftlad - that's exactly what Mark said but he refuses to get used to it. :roll: (so while he's not here I can say what I want :lol:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Aye lass

Yer can alus tell a yorkshireman but yer cannot tell him much :wink:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
On the top right of the homepage in the "User Control Panel" you can click to see all the posts since your last visit which throws up a list a bit like the old "last days posts". Gives you what topics have been posted to, but sadly doesn't list all the contributors.

·
Registered
124 Posts
marshman said:
On the top right of the homepage in the "User Control Panel" you can click to see all the posts since your last visit which throws up a list .....
'Tis also available in the top right hand corner of the Index page.

·
Registered
341 Posts
When you click 'post since last visit' or what ever it's called is there a way for it to position to the first unread post, as so far that's the only bit buggin me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all!

:shock: After a computer melt-down and having to resort to the tried and true 'spare', I am back on line. Wow, how about this new site? My first impression was the same as JWM but I decided that unless I was going to be very lonely over on FJR04, I had better get with the program.

How cute to see that we are all back on trainer wheels. I hope this doesn't mean we will be subjected to a barrage of one word or silly replies as 'some' posters depertely try to get their count back up into the stratosphere :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Boofer has entered the building !

Had another damn hurricane come through. This one was not nice :evil:

We JUST had power restored to our house 2 hours ago (after 8 days). Key West is a shambles and we had about 2 million without power here in Miami. For those of you who went to Key West last year, there was 8 feet of water in the Purple Pegasus at one point, SALT WATER!!. Totally destroyed almost every vehicle on Key West (including all the Yamahas at the shop there). It ALMOST broke the spirit of the place, but they are troopers down there and still had a party, so all is not lost.

Ann and I spent the last 5 days helping our medical clinic in setting up emergency satellite communications and helping the islanders as best we could.

New board is nice, just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
And yeah, it is not fair that we are back to training wheels :shock:

I was on the "board before the last board" and seem to have lost about 500 posts somewhere!!!! Any chance of getting credit for the last two boards posts (yeah, right :lol: ).

Boof

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hello all in the new FJR Owners format,

Takes a while to get used to.....but sofar so good!

I like it a lot. We're all the same level now....."Training wheels" give it a few weeks and we will soon be able to see who the "Junkies" are.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts