FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi as you gather i'm new ,and so very interested in getting a fjr for my next bike .
i have read some reports on them and they are well spoken off.
went to the BMF in england bike show and crawled all over one there.
so please from the guys and girls who know ,what are the pro's and con's of such a beautiful looking bike.
something about ABS being a bit fierce ? :roll:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I haven't notice the ABS coming on on my machine. I think you are referring to the MCN report - not very accurate - and even they said it was probably a one-off.

The brakes are superb. Touch them and you stop.....

Other than that, it's a fine machine. But, of course, you'd expect us to say that on an FJR site.

Alan

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I keep on thinking that this bike is wonderful albeit with some small problems (but what bike doesnt) but I still cant ride this bike to its full limits . In 11 months I have done 23000 miles and the only time I get in trouble on this bike is from my own stupidity and even then it helps me out .
My riding ability has improved so much but its still not good enough to stretch this bike .
So as long as you dont mind walking around with a silly grin on your face and the occasional brown pants syndrome this is the bike for you

:ale:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I assume that you are talking about getting the new 06 model

If so, then there has been some very good improvements over the previous years. Engine heat on the rider, cooling air flow to the rider, twin fan curved radiator, adjustable seat height/handlebars, ABS as standard but with rear linked brake to the front. If you read the Yam write up that will give you a full list:

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/products/motorcycles/sport_touring/fjr1300a.jsp

Also have a look through the forum threads, there is quite a bit of reading there. If it's an older model you are after, it is still a good buy, being a good comfortable tourer with sports capabilities and a stonking engine with loadsa torque. Whilst we are all biased owners, we have bought the T shirt and know what we are talking about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tonto and rabbit i fully respect your comments and appreciate you have the t shirts lol.
thats why i thought i would come on here and ask the people who really know.
so many thanks john. :ale: to you alan ,tonto and rabbitt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts