FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a short ride. Bike ran grest
I turned it off and when i went to start it again nothing. I replaced the battery the neutral safty switch. The tilt sensor. Ran through all connector. Put die electric grease on them all after i cleaned them. I tested all fuses. Im at a loss

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
Do you mean it turns over but doesn't start, or doesn't it turn over? Kill switch in the right position (or perhaps need cleaning)?
What happens when ignition switch turned on, kill switch in RUN, trans in neutral and side stand up? Does jiggling the sidestand make fuel pump run for 2 seconds?
What happens when you pull in the clutch with sidestand up (in any gear)? Anything work now?
Do all the gauges sweep when ignition turned on?

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean it turns over but doesn't start, or doesn't it turn over? Kill switch in the right position (or perhaps need cleaning)?
What happens when ignition switch turned on, kill switch in RUN, trans in neutral and side stand up? Does jiggling the sidestand make fuel pump run for 2 seconds?
What happens when you pull in the clutch with sidestand up (in any gear)? Anything work now?
Do all the gauges sweep when ignition turned on?
It only turns over when i jump it off the starter relay
Run switch is on.trans is in neutral.side stand up i pull cluch in nothing even in any gear.ill try jigging the side stand

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It only turns over when i jump it off the starter relay
Run switch is on.trans is in neutral.side stand up i pull cluch in nothing even in any gear.ill try jigging the side stand
I tryed jigging side stand nothing and i cleaned switch still nothing. This is a project bike i bought. Some one tried to steal if so there is just wires i hooked the two blue together. Then the red and brown together. So the blue is separate from the red and brown. When i touched the red and brown everything comes on. It started up i ran it like that fir two weeks. I bought a cheap ignition it all ran good then all of the sudden nothing.

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tryed jigging side stand nothing and i cleaned switch still nothing. This is a project bike i bought. Some one tried to steal if so there is just wires i hooked the two blue together. Then the red and brown together. So the blue is separate from the red and brown. When i touched the red and brown everything comes on. It started up i ran it like that fir two weeks. I bought a cheap ignition it all ran good then all of the sudden nothing.
Also where it says trip on the dash. It has an F by it

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
I'd think you need to get a proper ignition switch, some have used the cheap ones with success, maybe yours failed? Get a service manual and study that wiring.
If you have F-trip, you have low fuel, likely because you tilted the tank up. That will go away if you put more fuel in it.

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I put a new ignition in with a Brand New Key and what do you mean a kill-switch like pretty brand new Killswitch like a toggle switch somewhere
Fjr 03 frist gen 1300 yamaha
2003 FJR 1300 gen 1. Oregon coosbay.

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No I put a new ignition switch in new key even got the gas tank key and the key that lifts your seat off the no no remote kill switch

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,457 Posts
I'd recommend putting your bike in your profile or signature line so we don't have to go searching......
Meanwhile, Gen1 has no ground spiders. There is a multi-way connector up front by the steering head or just aft of it.... I think white. Perhaps check that for good connections. Perhaps someone with a Gen1 could chime in with a more precise location...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Project Bike ?!?!

I would go back to the wiring you have messed with. Maybe even pulling the cheap ignition and jump it out to start over!
K.I.S.S. I know its not always easy to do or easy to admit to yourself to do it!

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered one and it look legit. One of the plugs just plugged right in. The 4 wire plug. And there ia one more it has 2 wires but I can't seem to find where it gose

·
Registered
Fjr 2003 1300 frist gen
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went for a short ride. Bike ran grest
I turned it off and when i went to start it again nothing. I replaced the battery the neutral safty switch. The tilt sensor. Ran through all connector. Put die electric grease on them all after i cleaned them. I tested all fuses. Im at a loss
It's starts up and runs. I got the neutral like to come back on now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts