FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insurance shock located in north east. My insurance company will not insure my 2006 FJR. company name Markel. Been with them for twenty years. Still have to keep them for my harley's $750. a year full coverage for two bikes. Checked with progressive and formost $1000. for FJR Good thing i am paying cash for the bike. Any help out there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 05 and live in Maine.Progressive wanted $750 per year. I found that Dairyland(Sentry) would give me more coverage than Progressive for $325 per year which includes a 3 month off period.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Up here in Canada...no accidents, tickets... 48 yrs (49 this year)...04 FJR bought new for cash.....$593.00 /year for crash & cry.. that's passenger ins, personal & property liability damage...no collision or fire & theft coverage...

·
Registered
22 Posts
The quote I received from Sentry/Dairyland was about $440 a year for full coverage. I have a clean record, no tickets or accidents. I also have a discount for the MSF Experienced Rider Course and a discount for belonging to a recognized motorcycle club. Sentry also gives a discount each year for not having any accidents/tickets.

The quote they gave me for the ST1300 was about $25 more.

·
Super Moderator
3,980 Posts
Markel is the company that underwrites Bike-Line. Check your policy details. They waited until I had a claim to hose me around enough to cost me double my deductible. In spite of them losing more by losing my business, they wouldn't negotiate. I moved to Dairyland and haven't looked back. My renewal came in this week and it dropped again this year. Now it's down to $245 a year for full coverage (100/300/50) and 250.00 deductible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
insurance

Tanks guys I got a Quote from dairyland today 1326.60 for full coverage on all three bikes Markel got back to me today said they would insure all three for about 1600.00 time to say goodby to markel

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dairyland is my best bet here in Miami. I have both the 05 FJR and FZ1 insured fully for about $1500.00 a year. Although I have never made a claim with them, I hear that they are pretty good.

My record is clean, which is beyond me because the modified FZ is just a BLAST to drive :mrgreen: And the FJR ain't no slouch either !

The only clue that I have here in Florida (with regard to not being chased by the troopers), is that they have a "do not pursuit" rule on bikes.

I went to "Wheelie School" a few months back and guess what?? A Florida state trooper was a classmate (how cool is that?). He said that basically there is a safety factor involved with chasing a vehicle over 1 mile at high speed, so they are discouraged from chasing the "crotch rockets" for which the FJR qualifies. He said that they will chase a Harley in a heartbeat :wink: I said "Me too" :mrgreen: but it gets boring.

I don't know if what he might have been Bull...oney......but he seemed pretty sincere about it.

Boof

1 - 20 of 22 Posts