FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few samples of HDR (high dynamic range) pictures, taken this morning using Canon 50D DSLR, Canon EFS 10-22mm, Canon 70-200mm.
Post processing done in Photomatix PRO 4.0 and PhotoScape X.

Some people will like it, some will not and that's OK, HDR pictures are suppose to look "overdone and surreal", when processing in Photomatix PRO pictures can be tuned to your heart content from "mild HDR closer to regular photo look" to "very extreme HDR graphic art or painting look", I like them in the middle.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Lots of bear up here this year.
Last week at ~9pm I was in the shop doing some wrenching and a big one just came strolling in. It was about 4ft tall at the shoulders. I chased him off easily.

We've recently had a lot of city transplants that are clueless about the wildlife and have been leaving their trash cans outside and other yummy stuff. Sadly, I fear there will be some incident before the season ends...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lots of bear up here this year.
Last week at ~9pm I was in the shop doing some wrenching and a big one just came strolling in. It was about 4ft tall at the shoulders. I chased him off easily.

We've recently had a lot of city transplants that are clueless about the wildlife and have been leaving their trash cans outside and other yummy stuff. Sadly, I fear there will be some incident before the season ends...
Gee man that's scary, get a couple of pitbulls, I would have pepper spray in every pocket. City slickers venture deeper and deeper into wilderness and like you said they attract wild animals in the process, sadly when accident happens wild animals get chased and killed :frown2:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah its truly is a sad situation this year. I've lived up here for many many years and for the first season ever I I wear my "strap-on" when I'm working and out on the property.

Reactions: Damir

·
Registered
68 Posts
A few samples of HDR (high dynamic range) pictures, taken this morning using Canon 50D DSLR, Canon EFS 10-22mm, Canon 70-200mm.
Post processing done in Photomatix PRO 4.0 and PhotoScape X.

Some people will like it, some will not and that's OK, HDR pictures are suppose to look "overdone and surreal", when processing in Photomatix PRO pictures can be tuned to your heart content from "mild HDR closer to regular photo look" to "very extreme HDR graphic art or painting look", I like them in the middle.
Awesome Photos!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I like the effect, almost as if digitally drawn, but not quite.

But I think I would get tired of it if applied to every picture I took.

Once Upon A Time I bought a Fujifilm 16Mpix point-and-shoot. There was something "hard" about the pictures it took that I never liked. My old long gone Kodak DC290's 2.1 Mpix color/tone/something won me over to digital. Canons I have had since have been good too. 60D less so than my older Rebel XT. Keep thinking I ought to take the 60D to a professional for a tuneup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts