FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

Need to get replacement bulbs. Last time I did, some years back, I got them at NAPA - BP9003TV.
I checked with them and was told they did not have any.
Just checking to see where you guys are sourcing them and at what cost.

Burnt Lo beams won't keep me from riding, but my inside panels are off, so I might as well do 'em.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
For a very long time before I switched to LED, I used Sylvania Xtra-Vision bulbs available at Advance Auto, Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, etc. Better lighter than stock, exceptional life for the cost, always some on the shelf somewhere for immediate use.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought some LEDs way back I can't remember the brand. They are the triangle shaped ones. You do have to adjust them. The way they shine in the housing changes on the way inserted. They were plug and play with a heat sink and fan. I didn't pay much for them came in a twin pack. Going on 2 years with them so far. I found on EBAY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally warmed up enough a few days ago to change bulbs...so I did. My third time doing so, and this time it seemed to go real nice. My body was loose, thanks to the warm temps and the bike was real accommodating. At my age, wondering if this will be last time.
Looking forward to this weekend, nice weather coming in my area.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
rbentnail said:
For a very long time before I switched to LED, I used Sylvania Xtra-Vision bulbs available at Advance Auto, Auto Zone, O'Reilly's, etc. Better lighter than stock, exceptional life for the cost, always some on the shelf somewhere for immediate use.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just replaced both headlight bulbs with SYLVANIA 9003/H4 SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulbs - they cast a much "whiter" color compared to the OEM halogen "yellow" bulbs - and nicely match the LED front running lights on my 2014A and the Clearwater Darlas.

Reactions: JustBabs

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just replaced both headlight bulbs with SYLVANIA 9003/H4 SilverStar Ultra Halogen Headlight Bulbs - they cast a much "whiter" color compared to the OEM halogen "yellow" bulbs - and nicely match the LED front running lights on my 2014A and the Clearwater Darlas.
[/QUOTE]
I've used the Sylvania SilverStars in several vehicles. Always had good luck with them. I just upgraded my 2014A to LED's though. I purchased these, and and very happy with them so far.
The only down side is the lack of improvement with the high beams. The high beams don't really do much, unless your in the corners. But the low beams are bright enough that I won't need the high beams.

·
Super Moderator
2007A, 2013A
8,176 Posts
I've tried Silverstars a few times in the past and never had good luck with them. They didn't last beyond 2 or 3 months. Maybe they're better now?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Fan of the PIAA Extreme White that I put in last year. They look really cool too. Some people have said they didn’t last for them... they are lasting for me so far.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've tried Silverstars a few times in the past and never had good luck with them. They didn't last beyond 2 or 3 months. Maybe they're better now?
I've had silverstars in my FZ1 for 3 years so far - no issues.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not in my experience. On 2nd set for my '13 since January. Left high beam and right low just died on this set last week from January install.. Set I replaced from January had both high beam die and they were from August 2020.
Just ordered LED to try this time.

Reactions: rbentnail
1 - 12 of 12 Posts