FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... not what you probably had in mind! Probably not the smartest thing... but we parked the bikes about 50m from the PI (point of impact) for the jump. Probably the only time I'll ever get to park my bike at the PI so I figured... what the hell. Apparently, the FJR gods were not pleased at my decision. I landed like crap - twice - and hurt for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Next time, just land astraddle the FJR... save your poor ankles! :D

I would say 'land on one of the Harleys,' but there might be an oil spot in the grass. :wink:

Good to see you're still getting out in your 'greens' instead of only pushing pencils, buddy!

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha! Thanks, Liquid. You don't know close you hit the nail on the head.

When these pics were taken, I was still spending lots of time in the field, running around on the ground -- as all infantrymen love to do. Unfortunately, I am now in a job where the opportunities for me to go running around in the field are limited to my backyard. I have spent more time in front of a computer in the last month than I had previously in a year.

Welcome to G3 Plans. It is, for those "not in the know" -- hell. :twisted: We spend our days behind computer screens and mapboards nugging out on MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and perfecting our abilities drawing straight lines and circles on acetate. It is the officer's curse.

I look upon these pictures fondly for they are a reminder of the better days not so far removed. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts