FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2005 FJR1300A European specs.
I'd like to compare the figures from my dynochart that I've had done last week with others.
Anyone out there who had the bike tested ?

I feel mine has quite low values, meaning that the result is :
Max power at the rear wheel: 120.29 Hp
Max torque = 115.09 Nm at the rear wheel

The torque seems OK, but I don't know if the HP is.
It seems to me that 120.9 Hp is quite a difference as leftover from the so called 145 Hp that is specified at the crankshaft output.
I would include a scan from my Dynochart but I do not know how to include a picture

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
MikeYork5 said:
I believe thats 145 hp at the crank on US models - and around 124 at the rear wheel, sounds like ur good to go!
Yup. Crank HP (SAE) and BHP are two very different things, especially with a shaft drive.

Nobody elses dyno charts will mean anything to you, other than simply comparing the rough shape of the curve. No two dynos are the same. You rolled 120 on that dyno, it could have read 130 on a different dyno. The only way to get a more accurate comparison is to do two runs on the same dyno, on the same day, with the same weather conditions - humidity and temperature, with the same tires, with the same dyno technician, with the same strapping method on the dyno.

Dyno charts are only good for your tuning, and charting improvements/changes from mods and stuff, actual tuning. Dyno charts are worthless for having a number to brag about. (Don't tell the guys on sportbike sites this, they'll be heartbroken)

:)

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Forget BHP just give me an extra 10lbs of Torque around the 5-6thou area and watch the superbike riders weep.

Losing a stone in weight would help as well :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dynorun

patrickfj said:
Well thank you all for having replyed so quickly.
I'm really glad that it's "normal" so yeah, ok, great, super, ...
I'm happy ! Letsgo for a ride ...[/img]
Hi!
Swedish owner FJR -05 equipped with PCIIIUSB, KN-filter and Leo Vince SBK Carbon and tuned at air/fuel 13,8.
Max power=136,7hp
Max tourque=98,5ft-lbs
I´m very satisfied with the result, smooth running and very good throttle response!

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Re: Wilddriver

Rulle said:
Hej Cay!

Kul att det är fler svenskar på nätet! 8)
Får se om det är accepterat med det svenska språket...

mvh
Håkan (Rulle)
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop eating mushrooms. :shock:

:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts