FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a phone call from my dealer last friday to annouce the arrival of my FJR '06
I've seen it last saturday and it's ready to go now, I will get it this saturday 11
WAOUUUUUUUUUUW
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Picture in the personal gallery

·
Registered
8 Posts
COngratulations, mine arrived 2 weeks ago and I love it: this is the 3rd fjr but the pleasure is always the same: great bike!
All the best
Diego fjr1300 '06 Deep Blue Ocean - Italy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I´ve also ordered my 3th FJR and It have alot of new items...see below. I must wait until first week in May to have my bike delivered :cry: but anyhow, its a lot of snow on the ground so I still use my Yamaha Venture RS snowmobile :lol:

New for 2006:
New sharper-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider much cooler; a new central vent beneath the instrument panel now cools the rider and reduces negative pressure, and new fairing side panels with 1.2-inch adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
New, curved radiator with revised ducting and twin-ring cooling fans keep engine and cockpit cool.
Adjustable ergonomics: the seat can be adjusted up or down by nearly an inch, and handlebar pullback angle is now three-position adjustable over a half-inch range.
A 1.3-inch-longer swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics.
The windscreen is now adjustable over a wider range, for improved wind protection with reduced negative pressure.
Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
Taller overall secondary gearing reduces engine rpm for more comfortable long-distance touring.
New-design rear frame with integrated grab handle makes lifting the bike onto the centerstand easier, and reduces overall width with bags mounted by an inch.
Passenger footpegs are moved down nearly an inch, forward 1.5 inches and out 0.5 inch for more comfort.
Redesigned instrument panel reflects the FJR1300’s premium quality, and now includes real-time fuel mileage, average fuel mileage, air temp gauge and gear-position indicator.
New headlights feature easy-access adjustment knobs; new mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally.
Revised throttle cable pulley gives lighter-action throttle pull.
Glove box can now be opened whenever the key is in the On position, and contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
Integrated front turn signals with clear lenses add to the FJR1300A’s cutting-edge aerodynamic bodywork.
An additional catalyst and a heated O2 sensor are located in the exhaust for increased control range and low emissions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
and the rider seat is lower than the passenger seat in both the lower and higher positions.

The headlight adjuster knobs are placed higher up below the instrument panel.

The hands in the tachometer and spedometer are illumanted as in the latest technolojy BMW cars, which is fabulous!

The shape of the windscreen is designed in such a way as to cover even more wind from the rider/s.

Not to mention many many more beautiful modifications to the new 2006 model! :ale:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and accessories are not yet available in europe (heated grips, top case and others)
I bet I will get heated grip in june :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Peo said:
Adjustable ergonomics: handlebar pullback angle is now three-position adjustable over a half-inch range.
A 1.3-inch-longer swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics.
I.
How I can regulate the handlebar ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's suposed to be done by the dealer as seen in the manual
But there it is :

By the way you can also see the "optional V1", nice piece of electronics !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts