FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out all new items....can´t wait until I can test my new -06.

New for 2006: :shock:
- New sharper-looking bodywork and air-management system keep the bike and rider much cooler; a new central vent beneath the instrument panel now cools the rider and reduces negative pressure, and new fairing side panels with 1.2-inch adjustability let the rider direct airflow.
- New, curved radiator with revised ducting and twin-ring cooling fans keep engine and cockpit cool.
- Adjustable ergonomics: the seat can be adjusted up or down by nearly an inch, and handlebar pullback angle is now three-position adjustable over a half-inch range.
- A 1.3-inch-longer swingarm provides even better ride and handling characteristics.
- The windscreen is now adjustable over a wider range, for improved wind protection with reduced negative pressure.
- Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
- Taller overall secondary gearing reduces engine rpm for more comfortable long-distance touring.
- New-design rear frame with integrated grab handle makes lifting the bike onto the centerstand easier, and reduces overall width with bags mounted by an inch.
- Passenger footpegs are moved down nearly an inch, forward 1.5 inches and out 0.5 inch for more comfort.
- Redesigned instrument panel reflects the FJR1300’s premium quality, and now includes real-time fuel mileage, average fuel mileage, air temp gauge and gear-position indicator.
- New headlights feature easy-access adjustment knobs; new mirrors are easy to adjust and retract horizontally.
- Revised throttle cable pulley gives lighter-action throttle pull.
- Glove box can now be opened whenever the key is in the On position, and contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
- Integrated front turn signals with clear lenses add to the FJR1300A’s cutting-edge aerodynamic bodywork.
- An additional catalyst and a heated O2 sensor are located in the exhaust for increased control range and low emissions.

·
Registered
185 Posts
- Glove box can now be opened whenever the key is in the On position, and contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units, electric vests, etc.
So if you want to plug your heated vest in you have to ride along with the glove box open :? bloody silly place to put the power outlet IMO

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Hamilton said:
Yamaha Canada shows that ours somes with self-cancelling signals.Aren't we lucky? :mrgreen:
There's nothing Yam can do with this bike that somebody won't mock or bitch about, eh?

It seems there was a thread once that some people were irate because it didn't have self cancelling signals.

Another thread was that people were angry because the glove box wouldn't open while the bike was in gear.

As Rodney Dangerfield used to say..."tough crowd, tough crowd..."

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
I tellya, I get no respect, no respect! The Harley I had for a week last spring ALMOST had self-cancelling turn signals...

The front signal tried to cancel itself, but a wire kept it from falling off. :crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf:

- - - -

Remember the idiot that wanted a cappuchino machine installed in the saddlebag of an FJR? :oops:

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts