FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to find out what the throttle body spacing of a 2004 FJR 1300 is. I need this information because I may aquire the engine for a custom ATV.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*BUMP*

I have 1 day to decide on getting the engine. It dosen't come with TB's or computers so to stay in the budget I will need to find some carbs. And the person selling the engine is incapable of measuring the spacing. Did I mention that its several hundred miles away.

If anyone has this awnser or know where to get it please chime in.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
All I can do is answer you by saying sorry, don't know. The service manual doesn't seem to give that type of information.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Well, just been and cast the old digital calipers over my spare 2001 engine (what else would you keep in the spare bedroom?). Should be the same as a US 03, but no guarantee.

The external diameter of the throttle body is 52mm. The clearance between 1/2 and 3/4 is 26mm, and between 2/3 is 36mm, so centre to centre you are looking at 78mm, 88mm, 78mm.

HTH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you,

Thats perfect, the spacing on the fj 1200 is 77 85 77 or some variance of that depending of what your source is. Its the same as the KAWI zrx1100, 1200 and zx11. And I just happen to have a set of zrx carbs.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is pretty common here in the states. These guys always blow up engines. Just about any big bike engine can be used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hate to bring back an old thread like this, but does anyone know if the throttle body spacing has changed between the different model upgrades? IE will the throttle bodies from a 2006 fit a 2004?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts