FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2006 FJR 1300 with 26,000 miles. It has an automatic clutch. When the bike is cold and you start out the bike shudders as in this video.
or you can type in "Yamaha FJR Clutch Fault" in Youtube. It only happens when the bike is cold. After riding it for a few minutes the problem goes away. It only happens with first gear. It also throws sh-26 code. I put in 20w-50 motorcycle oil designed for wet clutches. Anyone with an automatic clutch have this issue?

·
Registered
2009 FJR 1300AE
375 Posts
As I said in the post some have had success by allowing the engine to warm up fully and also a few revs in neutral on that warmed up engine. Also some have gotten improvement by doing a clutch soak. Not sure if the problem is ever completely eliminated. :unsure:

·
Registered
193 Posts
warn spring('s)

Looks like what happens to clutches when the bike is not allowed to warm for a min.
Seen this a few times from the bar crowds. Guy comes out with new tail. bike has been sitting for a few hours in cool weather. Tail says show me something. He dumps the clutch cold. Next day can't get to work.
Not saying definitively but I would do a clutch basket rebuild. Might as well look for the 10 mm left by the last tech!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts