FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been disappointed with the power output on my FJR wondered how Yamaha could get so much right and then turn out a 1300cc mill with less power than a packet of DAZ. My 94 GTS 1,000 is 15mph faster and frankly a lot more exciting to ride. In desperation I called Yamaha UK explained the problem instantly the guy said sounds like you got a French one! Quoted my VIN number to have it confirmed I have bought one of the 100bhp escargot . Can somebody help me roundup my missing horses.
Regards
Esme

·
Registered
42 Posts
WOTS THIS???????

If it isn't an FJR club

Look at previous posts, mine, shanFR, and woody's.

It's easy, not too expensive, cheap if you do it yourself, look on posts I've made (not a lot, but pertinent) you'll find the answer

ian

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re French Escargot (Frog In The Throat)

Thanks to all for your input. Restriction discovered in inlet rubbers between injectors and cylinder head now cut out and ready to assemble. Not a massive job - took about an hour to strip out the inlet rubbers and a further two hours to make a tidy job of cutting out the restrictor plates. I will assemble and road test at the weekend.
Should anybody have any information on ECU fix, please share.
If anyone is interested in photos, please send message and I will forward them.
Full power: Bring it on!!
Regards
Esme

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't bother really .... there is very little difference, the big modif. is the one you have done.
Be careful to clean the pipes of all filings etc. that might get drawn into the motor.

Ian

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Full Power Discovered

That's more like it :lol: Decent wheelies effortless 140 plus :shock:
We are off to Spain last week of March first week of Aprill Can't wait to let loose :p
Regards
Esme

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Keep a eye on the colour of your spark plugs to check on how lean its running! a light brown colour would be nice but a very light brown is usual as the Fjr runs very lean.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't know about the gas in the UK, but here sparkplugs run grey, not brown. They stopped being brown when they removed lead from gasoline.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
You've got me thinking now!

No we have had un-leaded for quite a while now and I dont remember seeing any grey spark plugs on any bike, but I will be watching from now on...

Maybe it's the word Un-leaded it may still have some in the fuel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts